Saturday, February 19, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday 6

1. Counting paintings, photographs and other artwork, no matter who created it, how many pieces do you have hanging on your walls in your home?
I would say it's somewhere north of 50 things--there's something on virtually every wall in the house, including the basement and bathrooms.
2. In which room of your house do you have the most art?
Depends on what you consider art. If it's just the walls, then probably our bedroom but if all decorative elements are considered then it's a closer call--could be the living room.
3. Describe the one that you think is the coolest?
I like the papyrus from Egypt. I like the photo of Copenhagen. I like the Ikea framed print of the lighthouse. I really like the fruit girl I painted. I can't pick one. They're all perfect. For us. Sigh. OK, maybe the painting Beast's grandmother painted for him when he was a kid of the stagecoach. It's pretty cute and I love the frame too.
4. Describe the one that has the greatest sentimental value to you.
To me, it's the painting in the living room done by my second cousin (? Dad's cousin) as a wedding gift. It is a painting of Canyon de Chelly--which I've never visited, but it was such an unexpected gift that it means a great deal to me.
5.
Take the quiz: What Artist Should Paint Your Portrait?
Who Should Paint You: Alfred Gockel
All American yet funky, you inspire an artist's imagination
And while not everyone will understand your portrait, you will!
I have never heard of him, and the sample shown doesn't inspire confidence that I'd like his painting of me, but he's American so I guess that's good, right? As for me being funky--hah. HAH!
6. If an artist actually asked you to pose (clothed) for a local artists’ group so that they could all paint your portrait, would you do it?
Sure. Why not? It'd be interesting to see what people did with me, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the 'strong features' necessary for this sort of thing.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.