Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Upside Down

1. When was the last time that you felt your world got turned upside down?
Let's see, looks like about 18 hours ago. Before that, maybe Thursday sometime. It's been a rocky week.
2. Should the United States do more to help its own citizens before helping people in other countries?
Well, there goes my day. I could write thousands of words on this, but my short(est) version is "No." However, I'll admit that if you are more moved by stuff in this country than elsewhere, then yeah, at least do something!
3. What was something you memorized for school and still can recall?
Mrs. White made us memorize a long list of prepositions (similar to this one) in 7th grade. "About above across after against around at before behind below beneath beside between beyond but by..."
4. With what types of people do you tend to associate?
Smart, witty people. I like to think of myself as Oscar Wilde. [Please insert eyeroll and snort as appropriate.]
5. Besides blogging what is the last creative thing that you've done?
My job is incessantly creative--making up call numbers out of sometimes pretty rarefied air. Like, where do we keep the stuff on The Trail of Tears? Not where LC does, that's for sure.
6. In nature, what outdoor activities do you enjoy the most?
Sitting in the sun. Walking in the sun.
7. When was the last time that you had a great belly laugh?
More than a week, I think.
8. What kind of fashion-sense attracts you?
Someone comfortable in their clothes, who is not dressing to be showy.
9. What traits in others turn you off?
Snobbishness and fakey-ness. Blowhards are not my friends, in general.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, I should add your list of turn offs to my list. Especially the part about blowhards. Yikes!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Wow. it does sound like a tough week. hope this one's better! :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.