Monday, October 5, 2009

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

Do you read an actual print newspaper? If so, how often?
Our city's weekly is the only paper I read regularly, and that one I read pretty much cover-to-cover. The others I just glance at if they happen to catch my eye.
What is your main source of news?
I RSS the local daily paper, and read tweets. Beast fills me in on a lot of stuff, and some things I pick up on CNN or "Real Time" or MSNBC or BBC, and sometimes even al-Jazeera. Note that I do not include FOX.
Do you believe that it's possible for the media to be unbiased?
Yes. I'm not sure I believe it's possible for individuals to be unbiased, but in the aggregate, yes, if conscientious journalists are allowed to do their jobs without management interference, it's possible. However, I think some of this burden falls on us, the populace, to educate ourselves broadly.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.