Friday, January 9, 2009

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)
Pancakes
I'm now officially freaked out. This is just BIZARRE!!! Did I miss a memo??

1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain?
Bisquick, always. And I never intentionally have buttermilk in the house...just the occasoinal 'old milk.'
2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in?
I rarely do anything besides the basic pancake. Once in awhile, I'll throw in chips, and sometimes for dinner we'll have 'corn fritters' but otherwise, it's all plain.
3. For breakfast or for dinner?
I don't think just the pancake would hold me all night. I'm usually hungry a couple of hours after breakfast when we have pancakes. That always confused me as a kid. I could eat STACKS of pancakes and be hungry at 9:30, but a couple of slices of toast would hold me till lunchtime.
4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish?
I like maple syrup or melted brown sugar syrup. Beast will only use Mrs. Butterworth. As for a side dish: bacon.
5. Favorite pancake restaurant?
IHOP, but Beast doesn't like it. So we go to Six Balls, as we do for everything els edible around here.
Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on!
I wonder if you can put bacon IN pancakes? Mom used to do that with waffles sometimes. I may have to try this sometime...soon.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.