Friday, December 12, 2008

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)
Windows of the Soul

1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them from or pass them on to anyone in your family?
My eyes are hazel, leaning more toward brown than green. They are from Dad; Mom's eyes are pale blue. Beast also has hazel eyes, and Sparky has ended up there as well. No shock there. I wish my eyes were bigger, but I'm so glad they are still functional that I'm not really complaining! If nothing else, this year reinforced how much I appreciate my vision and good eye health.
2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
I'd rather have more green in the hazel.
3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like 'em or hate 'em?
I've worn glasses for 35 years now. There was a period of a year or so when I tried soft contacts, but because I was allergic to the solution in which they were stored, they caused me no end of annoyance, pain, and loss of vision. I'm still pretty sure that my allergies were triggered in spade by this. In any case, it didn't work out and I am perfectly happy with glasses at this point.
4. Ever had, or contemplated, laser surgery? Happy with the results?
I have, briefly. When I mentioned it to my eye doctor a couple of years ago, he said I was not a candidate because of my genetics and eye structure. So, ok, won't be worrying about that. ;-)
5. Do you like to look people in the eye, or are you more eye-shy?
I'm terminally eye-shy, a word I've never heard before but will be using now!
Bonus question: Share a poem, song, or prayer that relates to eyes and seeing.
My favorite Shakespeare sonnet:
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red:
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak,--yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go,
My mistress when she walks, treads on the ground;
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.
Now THAT is love!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.