Monday, September 15, 2008

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

What's worse, physical or mental cheating? Why?
Well, first we have to define "worse." Worse for whom? I think they both cause suffering and guilt and shame (at least, one hopes cheating would cause someone to feel ashamed!). If we're talking about the external effects, then physical is far worse because of all the people who are involved: the cheater, the cheatee, the family. On the other hand, there is that sense of knowing you've done wrong in your mind and having that knowledge cause a deep chasm in a relationship. I dunno. I'm going with physical.
Do you think men and women can be just friends? Why or why not?
Yes. Because--though it's easy to give men short shrift on this--sometimes all you want in a relationship is a listening ear and/or a sense of comfort. It is possible to have those things even if there is attraction on both sides. Apparently, we have lost the concept of self-control, or the willingness to practice it.
How do you feel about dating co-workers?
Well, I wouldn't date any of mine! :-) Most of them are married anyway. In the theoretical sense, however, I don't see it as an insurmountable problem. I mean, where are people supposed to meet "date material" if not at work? Sure, I can see the potential problems at the end of a relationship, but I live in a small town: when you break up with someone here, you run into them all the time anyway. And after all, it can't be any worse than high school dating! However, keep in mind that workplace dating has never been an issue for me, so what do I know?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.