Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
We Travel Well

1. What part of the world and country do you live in?
I live in the upper midwest of the U.S. in the Land of Flatness.
2. What is the furthest from home that you have been, and where is it?
I think that would be Beijing, 23 years ago.
3. What travel destination have you enjoyed the most?
Wow, so many! In more or less chronological order: the Rockies (particularly the San Juans in CO), San Diego, Inverness, Leicester, London, Milwaukee, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Pasadena, San Francisco, the Black Hills, Devon, St. Petersburg (though it was Leningrad then), Irkutsk, Beijing, Zurich, Rome, Florence, Zurich, Baltimore, Moosehead Lake, Bangor, Lake Geneva, Chicago, Billings, Washington, D.C., Springfield (IL), Orlando, Door County, Galena, Reelfoot Lake, Athens / Delphi / Ydra, southwestern Germany, Scottsdale, Ontario and parts of Quebec, Las Vegas (including Boulder Dam), the Gulf Coast, Lincoln, Durham, the Smoky Mountains, Kentucky / Tennessee / Virginia.
4. What travel destination have you enjoyed the least?
Most of what I've seen of PA, Montreal, virtually all of what I've seen of TX, WY, and UT, Frankfurt (Germany), Moscow, New Orleans (those last two may very well be because of the weather when I was there)....
5. Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it?
I'd like to spend some time in Missouri and Arkansas in the Ozarks. It would be fun to go down the Atlantic coast from Virginia through Georgia. There is a cruise SOMEwhere in my future...Alaska or Mexico. I want to go to Egypt and Kenya and Macchu Picchu and Australia and New Zealand. I would also like to visit Auschwitz and Amsterdam. Also would love to do a blitz visit to NYC and do the 7 or 8 specific points of interest there--and then LEAVE!!
6. Do you prefer traveling to see historic places or to hit the beach and relax?
I grew up doing vacations where we Went Places and Did Things. Beast always went somewhere with his folks and just hung out. I'm learning to appreciate that part of vacations, but I prefer to not laze around too much--I'm easily bored.
7. What popular vacation destination have you never considered because you think you’d not like it?
The Amazon is RIGHT OUT along with any other jungly place (parts of Africa, most of Central America, etc.)! Also, I'm not all that interested in the Pacific Northwest because of the rain--though I'd love to see the inland parts of those states (and provinces). I'm not interested in Asia at all--don't know why not. I never ever need to see Branson, or Yosemite, or Coney Island and most of New York City.
8. Where do you travel to most recently?
Most recently, Anaheim for a conference. I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation spot, though I do love palm trees. The last vacation I took was last summer when we saw parts of KY, TN, VA, MD, PA and OH. Much of it was great. Some of it was amazing, breathtaking and wonderful. A few places sucked.
9. Do you like day trip "mini-vacations"?
I'm not averse to them, but to really unwind, I need longer than that.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.