Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Family Ties

1. Where and when were you born?
I was born in Denver in late 1963, just before Kennedy was shot. This actually came up today during my confirmation meeting. She asked, incredulously, "You were born before Kennedy was shot?!" Nice. Thanks.
2. Do you have siblings? If yes, tell us more.
I have three living siblings. They were born in 1943, 1949 and 1953. They are old. (sez the baby sis) It's weird to think that I have a sister who will turn 65 this year. It's also weird to think that Ellen would be over 60 now; a bit like realizing that Mick Jagger is in his 60s.
3. What are your parents’ names?
Mom and Dad.
4. Did you (or do you) know all four of your grandparents?
One grandfather died just after my parents were married. The remaining grandparents all died before I turned 9. I met them all, but I don't really remember my grandpa at all.
5. Do have children? If yes, tell us about them. If no, do you want them?
I have a son. He's 15, with all that entails. I love him to death. I don't have any desire to raise any more kids, but I do love 'em. I'll be an awesome grandma!!!
6. Do you still live in the general area that you grew up in?
I'm nowhere near where I grew up, geographically or otherwise. In some respects, that's fine. But I miss Colorado.
7. Do you have cousins? If yes, are you or have you been close?
I am aware of 3 first cousins and at least 4 second cousins. I have seen none of them for over 25 years; in fact, I've never met at least 2 of those second cousins, nor do I know where they live.
8. How often does your family all get together?
At this point, it's weddings and funerals. My family lives in Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Tennessee, New York, Scotland, and England. It's fairly tricky to coordinate all of that, and we are difficult in lots of other ways too.
9. Is your significant other close to your family?
By default, I guess, and only some of them. He tolerates most of them. There is at least one family member he'd like to push in front of a train (heavy irony there), and a couple he really enjoys. See above re difficult.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.