Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Six

(Link at left)
Karma

1. What is the most unlucky thing that has happened to you all week?
I don't think it's been unlucky, but it hasn't been a good week for my mouth to be in use. Still riding out the ripples on some really stupid comments. That's all I can think of.
2. Do bad things happen more often to good people or bad people?
Bad things happen. It's part of life. Part of the lesson I think we're all supposed to learn is that some of the bad stuff that happens can be made slightly (or sometimes wholly) less bad by the way we respond to it. The bad things/good people thing is, at least in part, the juxtaposition of that construct. Or, as my dad said, "Life's not fair." Get over it.
3. How much do you believe that you can improve your outlook in life (from a "fate" perspective) by doing good deeds and correcting past wrongs?
I don't believe in fate. I believe we can make our life easier to live by being kind and doing good in the world to the extent we are capable of doing so. By "easier" I don't mean relaxed/top o' the world "easy" either; I mean simpler, more ease-full, if you will.

4. Take the quiz:
What will happen to you in the future?
The Quiz of Luck - What Will Happen In Your Future?
Hello average (wo)man. Your future looks not good but not bad. You will have an average job. This job will seem average or good to everybody, but I am afraid that that is the best that I could tell you. If this stuff you are reading is wacko to you, please ignore it and read all possible answers and just pick one you like and take it for yourself. Do not feel disappointed if the stuff you are going to read right now is going to disappoint you. The college you went to or is going to go to was or is going to be above average, and it is known. If you tell somebody that you went to that college at that time they would say that it was good and they have heard of it. You have a number of people that are your friends Not too much and not too little. You may have heard of the word average right? Yes, that is the number of friends you have. I sure hope you have a happy life right now because you will go WEEEEEEEEE down. When you are older, adults and mostly kids will make fun of the baldness of your head even if you are a woman. Sorry. I knew that you were relieved for a moment but too bad now. It seems like you wont ever want to go out because kids will make fun of you. The good thing is that you will have the energy/strength to walk, but you wished that you didnt so you wouldnt have to go out. Sorry little (wo)man. Youll be stuck in a hospital after all of that happens. Youll die when you are 94. You wanted to commit suicide when you were about 92 the year you went to the hospital. How weird. Youll die on your birthday, too.
Take this quiz!



Quizilla
Join
Make A Quiz More Quizzes Grab Code


Well. That was...enlightening (sarcasm warning).
5. Do you believe in fate, coincidence, or both?
I believe in coincidence. I don't believe in fate. I do believe in predestination. It's complicated.
6. Overall, when "bad things" happen, how often do you believe the victim generally "had it coming?"
I think that most everyone has 20/20 hindsight. I think sometimes people--and I include myself here--do really stupid things that bring bad things on (smoking comes to mind here), but I would certainly never say that most people deserve bad things to happen. Because, then, that's when karma will turn it around and bite you not in the ass, but the face!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.