Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Free-for-All

? of the Day (Link at left)

So, tell us, what colour is your toothbrush?
It's red and white.

Have any of you heard of the pink toothbrush/blue toothbrush song? Me either, but my niece used that song as her wedding theme. I have strange relatives....
Your true love just presented you with all the items of the Twelve Days of Christmas. That's right, you've got a partridge in a pear tree, 2 turtle doves, 3 french hens, 4 calling birds, 5 gold rings, 6 geese-a-laying, 7 swans-a-swimming, 8 maids-a-milking, 9 ladies dancing, 10 lords-a-leaping, 11 swans-a-swimming, and 12 drummers drumming. Here's the thing, your true love gave you all of those things last year....... If you could exchange them for something else, what would it be?
I'm not sure of the going rate for poultry and musicians, but I'm pretty sure I could get a good MP3 player and several hours of downloads for all this, no?
____________________________________________

Friday Five (Link at left)

Crushes {ok, so this is fairly weird: we've now hit both oddball subjects I've been spending a great deal of time discussing recently with one individual in particular...}

1) Who was your first crush? (Celebrity or average)
Very first was David Cassidy. First real person was J!m Ph!ll!ips in 5th grade...he was in 6th. He's probably also one of the very few blond guys I've crushed on.
2) Who do you currently have a crush on now?
Could that be slightly more repetitive and redundant? I think I gave up crushes for the holidays. I'm too busy to properly obsess about anyone right now.
3) Have you ever become so obsessed with a crush, you went to extreme measures to find out everything about him/her?
Yes. Never good to have a librarian after you. I'm just sayin'....
4) Has your crush ever turned out to be your future girlfriend/boyfriend?
Hmmm...I don't think I had a crush on Beast, but mostly I just felt comfy around him, and he made me laugh. No one else springs to mind.
5) Did a best friend ever turn into more than just a friend?
Just Beast. Our relationship has had a kind of weird trajectory that way, actually....
____________________________________________

Five on Friday

Stress Relief (Link at left)

1. What stresses you out?
Life's little speedbumps. I tend toward over-reaction.
2. How well do you cope with stress?
I'm fine with the kind I have some control over, or stuff that's reasonable. Think moving, travel....that sort of thing. When the long-term future is unclear, I freak out a lot.
3. What techniques do you use to relieve stress?
I do some major praying. Reading helps, sleeping is good until crisis point is reached. Figuring out a plan is good, too, if that's possible; sometimes it isn't. Staying busy is VERY helpful.
4. When was the last time you did something for yourself to relax?
I'm about to go upstairs and attempt to take a nap. Otherwise, I'd say my hours of Simming this week, which backfired when the computer locked up and I lost everything I'd done. phoooey
5. What is your favorite comfort food?
Sugar. Or, really, any other carb.
____________________________________________

Four for Friday (Link at left, under BeliBlog)

Q1 - What Should He Do: A friend of mine found a dollar bill yesterday in the stairwell to our office building. What do you think he should do with it?
Oh for heaven's sake. Spend it. It's a dollar not a photo album or an iPod.
Q2 - Name That Town: If you could rename your town, what would you call it and why?
I'm kind of partial to its nickname, which I won't list here as it's not very complimentary. It ends in "-tucky" so that should give you some sense of where it's headed.
Q3 - Ante Up: To the best of your recollection, what is the most you have ever paid for a meal (either for yourself or for yourself and one other person), and...was it worth it?
When Beast's brother was hear last month we ate downtown at a very nice restaurant, way above what we normally would eat. It was delicious food, good wine, lovely company, and Sparky behaved. Probably ran about $250.

We once spent about $400 for a dinner for four at a steak place in Milwaukee, worth every penny.
Q4 - Fly Away: How many trips, if any, did you take on a commercial airliner in 2006? How does that compare to the amount of air travel you think you will do in 2007?
I flew to Boston and back in March. That's the only time I was at the airport this whole year, which is might ununusual.
I know I'll take more trips next year: Orlando is on the horizon, as is a flight to my mom's in the spring. We may fly to my niece's wedding, but it's more likely we'll drive.
____________________________________________

RevGal Friday Five
Yuletide Favorites {this'll be easy for me...}

1) It's a Wonderful Life--Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
Haven't ever seen it.
2) Miracle on 34th Street--old version or new?
I believe (no pun intended) I might have seen this on TV when I was very small. I have no real recollection. I certainly haven't seen the new one.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
We sort of like the Bill Murray movie, "Scrooged" and I love Patrick Stewart's one-man show of "A Christmas Carol."
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don't get it.
Cuz it's just slightly weird for a kid of any kind to want to be a dentist; aren't dentists usually pretty scary?

I dunno. That's my theory anyway. Anyway, that scene makes me laugh.
5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
The Bumble
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
Your Nomination
My nomination is the crazy people in the parking lots this time of year. Oh, wait, that's not a movie.

Uhm, I can't think of anyone scary. Then again, I purposely don't see scary movies, so I'm not a good one to ask. I really hate the Frosty TV special, so I'll go with the magician on a general "ick" principle.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.