Thursday, November 2, 2006

Booking through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

  1. Yesterday, November 1st, began the annual NaNoWriMo challenge--where lots of marginally crazy people try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. What do you think about that idea? Crazy? Inspired? Challenging?
    I think it's a great idea, and I'd probably do it...if it were not November, or December. Those are the two totally psychotically, insanely busiest months of my year. How about March? Or even October, though not this past one...!

    My hat's off to everyone who is participating.
  2. Would you/Have you tried it yourself? In other years? (Or this one, in which case, shouldn't you be writing and not reading blogs?
    See above. I have seriously considered it, but realized that it's just not going to happen in the month with Thanksgiving, two birthdays, parent-teacher conferences, the upswing into advent and Christmas shopping.... Uh-uh.
  3. If you took away the time pressure, would you/have you tried writing a novel of your own?
    I need the time pressure, or some kind of accountability, to make me sit down and do it. I'm a gigantic procrastinator.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.