Saturday, October 8, 2005

Saturday

The Saturday 8

I'm taking my husband out of the equation, because otherwise it would be all about him. He is my best friend, and I could use him in nearly every answer (except 1-3).

1. who was your very first friend?
Who knows? I can only remember back to age 4 or so. There were a couple of boys on my block named Chris and Tony. Chris was my age, Tony was older (like 2 years, maybe). I proposed to Chris, by note. We were going to live in the lilac bushes when we got married.

2. who is your oldest friend now?
My oldest friend: I have a couple of quite elderly friends....retirement aged. Florence is 105. I guess she wins by default.
My friend the longest: Laura. We met when we were in Kindergarten or first grade.

3. do you make and keep friends easily?
Making friends as an adult is difficult; there's less time to sit around getting to know people. I think I make "acquaintances" easily. Sometimes those grow into friendships, but usually they don't.

4. tell us about your best friend.
My best friend is Jenny. We met in college, on the first day of band, when I asked her if "this is where the flutes are supposed to be" and then flopped down next to her. She is the most amazingly kind-hearted person I've ever met. She has, in fact, ruined it for the rest of the world. She's a softie (though she's far from wimpy!) and I love her to death.

5. tell us about the friend who gets on your nerves the most (and why). C.T., with whom I work. She is the epitome of Negativity. There's not a day that goes by that she doesn't make a blatantly unhelpful and depressing comment.

6. tell us about the last time you let a friend down.
Let me count the ways this week....no, it's too depressing. Everyflippinday.

7. tell us about the last wonderful thing a friend did for you!
Sent me a mix CD. Just cuz.

8. what was the last 'friend' thing you did? (see a movie, go out to dinner, go shopping, go to a game, bury a body together, etc.)
Went for a walk around the neighborhood. Sadly, none of my best friends are very close by, so we mostly have phone conversations. Or email/blog conversations.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.