Saturday, October 1, 2005

Late

Friday Five
1. What kind of computer do you have? (Mac, iBook, Dell, etc.)
The one I'm using right now (at home) is an HP.

2. How old is it? Are you happy with it?
It's about 5 years old, maybe more. Yes, relatively happy. I'd like a better monitor, but this setup has served us well and continues to do so. Most of the time! %$)@ing viruses excepted.

3. How many computers are in your household?
Four: two PCs, two laptops.

4. What are your favorite games/timewasters on your computer?
Right now, Sudoku and some of the Yahoo games. If I have a long period of down time, I like Civilization III and The Sims. Haven't played those in a year or so, though.

5. If money were no object, what kind of computer would you like to have?
One that did dishes, solved problems, filled the car with gas, went grocery shopping and cooked, forced me to do the work I should be doing.... There isn't one? Bummer.

Friday Fiver
1. What is the most important thing you've ever lost?
My mind (see #3 below). Really? My naivete and positive outlook.

2. When is the last time you lost your keys?
Not for awhile. Having said that, I probably won't be able to find them later today!

3. Have you ever felt like you've lost your mind?
Uh, daily.

4. Are you likely to ask for directions when lost or to continue to wander?
I'm a girl. Whaddaya think?

5. Numerology: reliable or just a load of bunk?
Fun timewaster, but ultimately bunk.

Friday Four
Q1: If you were given the opportunity to use a syringe full of sodium pentothal (truth serum) on any two or three people in the world (they can be either dead or alive, by the way), who would you choose to use it on and what questions do you think you might ask?
My former boss, Psycho-B*tch from Hell. What the heck were you thinking?! Did you realize you were stealing from the library? Did you care? Why were you so mean to everyone?
Joseph Smith. C'mon, where did you really get those rules? How high were you? Did you ever really think maybe you ought to stop the charade?
Cheney. Because I just want to know where he goes when he disappears from public view.
Q2: Do you have a favorite childhood memory (by childhood, think ages 3 to 18-years-old)? If you don't or would rather not share it, what was your favorite part of yesterday?
I actually have a lot of good childhood memories. One that's been on my mind a lot lately (not sure why) is during the 1976 Olympics, after watching the track and field events, I went out into our back yard and ran--just ran--up and down the sidewalk to the alley for about 45 minutes non-stop. I was going to be the next American track athlete. It felt so good. And it's probably the last time anything involving running actually felt good.
Q3: If an impending natural disaster was forecasted for your town or geographical region, how confident would you be in your own ability to evacuate to a safe location? Along the same lines, how confident are you in your own city or town's evacuation plan and capabilities?
Once we got out of the subdivision (which has all of 2 entrances for over 160 homes), we'd be fine. We live in the boonies, though, and any natural disasters would come with very little warning. No hurricanes here...just tornadoes and the faint possibility of a smallish earthquake. Our house is on a good-sized hill so flooding is not likely, either. I'd be willing to bet our town (the one we live in) doesn't have an evacuation plan. The ones we work in may. Don't know.
Man made disasters? I grew up 100 miles north of Target Two (after the President). I understood as a teenager that we would be dead if nuclear war began, which seemed like a good prospect, given the thought of surviving.
Q4: When was the last time you spent en entire morning or afternoon (4 hours or more) exclusively out-of-doors, and what was it that you did during that period of time?
I think this summer we were outside all day a couple of times. At my niece's post-wedding bash (i.e. gift-opening) we sat outside all freakin' afternoon cooking in the sun.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.