Sunday, October 9, 2005

Curiouser

A new one, via Shelly:

Instructions: Give your opinion on each of the 5 subjects below. Descriptive links are provided if you want to know more about the subject. What do you think about...

  • the board game Trivial Pursuit - I love TP. No one will play it with me anymore, except Sparky, and I have to spot him a couple of wedges to start. Maybe we'll get a new question set this Christmas....

  • the state of Kentucky -- I don't really have opinions about states, but hey! I just found out , by clicking the link, that Kentucky is a Commonwealth, like PA. I've never been there, but it's on my list. If I ever get around to visiting my niece in Tennessee, we could take a quick trip there perhaps.

  • the astrological sign and constellation Pisces -- Something else I tend not to thing a lot about is astrology. I can create charts for people, just for fun, because it's so terrifically scientific, and yet so terrifically goofy. There are no Pisces in my family. I can't find constellations, beyond Orion's Belt and (if I'm lucky) the Big Dipper.

  • Winnie the Pooh, the fictional bear -- Or, as we call him, Pinnie the Woo. No idea why. I love the 'real' Pooh, but Disney has come very close to destroying him. The only part of the Disney version of the Hundred-Acre Wood I like his Tigger. In the original, Rabbit was my favorite (any surprise there?) and I simply LOVE Eeyore and Roo.

  • Castles -- Wow. That's a huge subject. Uhm, well, castles. Hmm. Cold, dank, smelly, smoky, muddy. That's during their functional years. I've been to a few, mostly in England. I always check out the bathroom facilities and then raise a cheer for modern plumbing. While in Germany 5 years ago, Sparky and I went on a castle tour at Burg Eltz which was interesting only because the tour guide spoke only German--we don't speak much German beyond "danke" and "bitte." I surprised myself in being able to explain quietly much of what we were seeing to Sparky. My favorite castles are Burg Eltz (cute and very German, and still used as a family residence), Edinburgh (great views, perfect defensive design) and Durham (which is university dormitories now).
  • 0 sweet-talkers :

    Post a Comment

    Sweet comments from sweet people

     
    Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.