Thursday, September 29, 2005

Q time

from Shelly (nice, new site!)

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you?
I'm picking Nadia Comenici, because I actually remember knowing that at some point in my life.
2. Where was your first kiss?
Ron R (although he was Ron M at that point) at the 8th grade Christmas dance. He was kissing everyone (because he was wearing mistletoe).
3. Have you ever seriously vandalised someone else's property?
No. Why would I?
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Depends on your definition of hitting. I used to hit my brother when he was 20 and I was 10 and he was picking on me. I used to 'punch' the Beast in the stomach when we were dating, to prove how strong his stomach muscles were. I've been known to swat Sparky.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Yes. Sunday School, multiple times, as a teacher.
6. What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Face: eyes. General: height, hair.
7. What really turns you on?
Kindness. And humor. And brains. In any order.
8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Their caramel apple cider rocks. I was just thinking about it yesterday: a good side of winter!
9. What is your biggest mistake?
Too many, too many. Probably all caused by my temper and my big mouth.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
No. I'm pain-averse.
Unless you count childbirth.
11. Say something totally random about yourself.
My lunch today is cold pizza (cheese) from Sunday, and strawberry-cheesecake yogurt. And water (or Dr. Pepper).
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes. Not recently. But I do look like everyone's acquaintance: "Aren't you....?" "No."
13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
Of course. They're rarely as good as they were when I was a kid, though, except Wiley Coyote.
14. Did you have braces?
Yes. Two-plus years of torture, including having teeth pulled so there would be room in my mouth for my teeth. I even wore my retainer. Briefly.
15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes. I like being tallis, except when I don't want to be noticed. I still hear my dad's voice in my head telling me to stand up straight and never to be ashamed of my height.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Beast's extravaganza last month, and lots of other things he's done over the years.
17. When do you know it's love?
"When did I? Uhm, when I seriously realized that I hated not dating him.
18. Do you speak any other languages?
I understand and read most Spanish, and can even speak if I try hard enough. I can read some French, and less German and Russian. Does Latin count?
19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
No, I like being cancer-free, thanks.
20. What magazines do you read?
Real Simple, Entertainment Weekly, Guideposts, Ms., some of Sports Illustrated when it's lying around... I've cut way back.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes. With my mother-in-law for her 60th birthday. On the way to/from the airport a couple of times.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
My dad and my sister, within two weeks of each other.
23. Do you watch MTV?
I used to be a closet "Real World" and "Road Rules" junkie, but now it's all about sex, drinking, and being ridiculous. The rest of the channel is a joke, too.
Does anyone watch it?
24. What's something that really annoys you?
Rude people. Mean people (even though I always think of that saying "Mean people suck" and roll my eyes) who are mean just to be mean. Liars.
25. What's something you really like?
Sleeping.
26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I like his music. I think he's a nutjob, though.
27. Can you dance?
I think so, but I'd like to take some dance lessons and find out. I'm really a klutz, though, so it would be very entertaining!
28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
In college I spent every Trivia Weekend awake most of two full days. It only was awful my senior year, because I tried to "sleep ahead" and ended up being tireder instead.
30. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No. Thank God!
31. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Most of the time. Unless the answers are all novellas.
Whew.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.