Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Monday Morning Meme

1. How has your life most benefited from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.
I've been able to connect with all kinds of people I would normally never have met. That is the best part of the internet as a whole. And I can choose not to engage with people online who are jerks, unlike real life.
2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?
Depends on what kind of negativity. If it's insanity, I just delete it. If it's conversational, I'll conversate.
3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today?
Sleep. It's always about sleep.
4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?
Anywhere. Honestly, but I can only be gone for about 12 hours and then I need to get back to work.
5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school? Do you have any enemies today?
I tried :hard to not be on anyone's radar in high school. To be honest, by the time high school rolled around, I didn't really worry too much. Grade school was a whole different story; there was this kid named Paul who hated me....
6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them?
Prioritize, and enjoy the ride.
7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received?
"Be yourself" when I was young. WTH? I had no idea who I was so this was completely unhelpful!
8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had.
I spent 5 weeks with my oldest sister Ellen and her family in 1975 while my parents went overseas to visit Jean and Reg for the first time. It was the best 5 weeks of my childhood.
9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?
My meds, and about thirty other practical things.
10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back?
Absolutely!
11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now?
I have to believe that it will be better than it is right now.
12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year?
Nope. No money for that.
13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?
Nope. It's all about the memories for me.
+ + + + + + + + +

A Book Meme

1. Do you prefer hardcover, paperback, or Kindle...and why?
Overall, I'd rather read a hardcover, but it's not like I refuse to read ebooks or paperbacks (or audiobooks for that matter). Why? I can block open a hardcover on a counter easier than a paperback or reader.
2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it ...
I wouldn't own a bookstore. I wouldn't be a good seller of anything at all.
3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is ...
“Hell is — other people!” ―Jean-Paul Sartre (No Exit)
4. The author (alive or dead) I would love to have lunch with would be ...
Sartre would actually be an interesting choice. He'd probably want to smoke though. Yuck.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be ...
I wouldn't be bringing books. I'd be too busy trying to do things like eat and get rescued.
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that ...
... corrected all the typos and grammar issues in books. It's so distracting when an author uses the wrong word.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of ...
... allergies. Really, I only sniff brand-new books. Old books are full of mold and dust and god-only-knows what else.
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be ...
... Alice in Wonderland. Although I do feel as if I'm there more often than not.
9. The most over-rated book of all time is...
... just about anything by Hemingway. Or Flaubert.
10. I hate it when a book...
... can't get itself started until page 100 or later. Ugh!!

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

So many good answers!!!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.