Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sunday Stealing x2

(Link in meme-roll)
Bah Humbug!

TV show I loathe:
Pretty much any current sitcom gets on my nerves.
Movie I loathe:
I cannot get through even the first scene of "A Clockwork Orange." It's horrid.
Music genres I loathe:
I'm not much of an opera fan, and I totally don't understand traditional Asian music.
Magazine which annoys me:
Anything marketed toward women that sells ads
Makes me cranky at restaurant:
Bad food, slow/bad service. I'm really pretty mellow, but jeez, dudes, you have one job.... [I had a bad experience at an old favorite place last night]
Makes me cranky in public:
Mean people being mean.
Makes me impatient at home:
Myself.
Makes me impatient at work:
...so much that I can't even get into it, but it's all around people being horrible.
Celebrity I hate:
This month, that has to be virtually anyone famous who has a penis.
Music artist I hate:
I can't stand Celine Dion and Mariah Carey.
I could care less about:
I've lost track of all the people under 25, the Vanessas and the Chrises--I'm just super-confused by everyone.
Blogger's habit that annoys you:
I admit, I'm a bit snobbish about spelling and grammar. Not the picky stuff, but if you can't get through a sentence without an error, maybe blogging isn't your thing. [Note: I'm not talking about anyone currently involved in this meme in any capacity.]
Feature on your blog you hate:
Why would I keep it on my blog if I hated it?
Politician that you hate:
Every . Single . Republican . in . Washington.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +

It's beginning to look a lot like....

1. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?
I love the carols on Christmas Eve, and the joy in kids' faces.
2. Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send?
I haven't sent cards in a decade.
3. Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?
I find them endlessly amusing.
4. Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?
If there are kids or pets, go for it. Otherwise, it's a bit over-the-top IMHO.
5. How soon do you start shopping?
Normally, I shop all year, but I've tailed off in the past few since I only buy for Beast and Sparky (and a few things for kids). This year, I only started the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. Real or fake tree?
Fake.
7. When do you put up your tree?
Normally, something at the beginning of December. This year, not at all.
8. When do you take down your tree?
Early January.
9. Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type)
Our current fake tree is too small. I'd like one that's another 2-3' tall so I could get all the decorations on again.
10. What do you top your tree with?
A star. Because, among other reasons, I'm in an extended boycott of commercial angels.
11. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
Nope.
12. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
Usually, yes. Not this year.
13. Do you hang up stockings?
Usually yes. Not this year.
14. Your favorite Christmas Movie(s)
This is not my thing. Beast has a whole thing with all the kids' TV shows and a few of the movies. Me, I'd rather skip them all.
15. Be honest: A Christmas movie you don't like
I don't really understand why "The Sound of Music" is a Christmas movie--it's not!--though I love the movie itself.
16. Favorite Christmas Song(s)
"Away in a Manger"
17. Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up
I'm not that sick of anything this year. Yet.
18. Give or Receive?
Give.
19. Eggnog or Mulled Cider?
Eggnog.
20. Ham or Turkey?
Ham.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I didn't realize the Sound of Music was considered a Christmas movie--is it the talent show? Is that a Christmas talent show? Hmmm...

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm surprised that the Sound of Music is a Christmas song, too!
Im pretty humbug about Christmas this year. The tree maybe will go up tomorrow... or not.
I think that the Russian invasion of privacy has given every politician the willies. I think it's getting used to nobble people. I hope that stupid man in the white house gets his reward for being a great little lap dog for Moscow. And, Merry Christmas, Cat! What the heck, it's still a fairly nice time of the year. Hang on to the gentle parts of it, I say.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.