Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Stealing x5

(Link in meme-roll)
Sleepy Rambles

Have you ever eaten at restaurant and you realized you forgot your money?
I don't think so. I always have a credit card anyway.
True or false-you can pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time.
Yes, and I can rub my tummy and pat my head too, but less effectively.
Do you prefer to drink out of cans or bottles?
Generally, I don't care, but lean toward bottles because they come with lids in case of spillage.
Do your socks match today?
My socks pretty much always match. It's an OCD thing.
What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
The last one I finished was Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet which was ok (but you should start with the first book in the series). The last one I actually have read today though is Jim Butcher's Dead Beat which is pretty good (but you should start with the first book in that series as well).
Are you currently borrowing something from someone?
Uh, probably. I've sort of lost track of some things over the last couple of months.
Write an extremely random statement.
23 years ago, on this day and date (Sunday, November 19, 1994) my father died of a massive heart attack. I miss the hell out of him almost every day.
Are there any major holidays you don’t celebrate?
I'm not really heavily invested in Valentine's Day. Or St. Patrick's Day.
What is one thing you will never understand?
How to pee standing up. Which is just fine.
Have you ever stepped on a bee?
I actually have. It stung me on the back of my big toe. I was around 12.
What helps you wake up in the morning?
My phone, and then once all the thoughts start, I'm done.
What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Cherry poptarts. I'm never going to grow up, am I?
What is your favorite thing in your room?
My bed. Though my bathtub is calling loudly. I ignored it last night, but I think it's gonna happen tonight for sure.
Who was your first kiss with?
Ron M. The first serious kiss, with intent, was someone else though.
Do you worry about small things?
I worry about everything.
+ + + + + + + +
Monster Mash

ghost: what would you like on your tombstone?
I intend not to have one, so it's moot.
dracula: are you afraid of aging? or death?
I'm not afraid of aging, or death. I'm afraid of lingering and pain.
nosferatu: what, as a child, did you imagine went bump in the night?
Hmm. I don't remember being afraid of much. There was the usual dark closet, dark ajar thing, but that didn't really last long.
godzilla: what do you do when you are angry? are you ever destructive?
I yell. I say things I should not say. I slam things around, but I don't intentionally break things. My internal cheapness objects to wanton destruction.
the blob: do you collect anything? if so, what & why?
I have a large number of salt-and-pepper sets. And dust bunnies, of course.
zombie: when was the last time you trusted your gut? was it successful?
I trust my gut all the time. It usually works out all right.
mothra: what is something dangerous that attracts or fascinates you?
I've always wanted to parachute, or bungee jump, or fly prop planes. I like heights and edges of cliffs. And true crime is fascinating, though I'm not a groupie by any means. {{shudder}}
king kong: what are some questionable choices you've made lately?
I'm pretty sure I have. I'm trying not to dwell on them.
alien: what is your strangest feature?
My brain...?
cthulhu: do you like the ocean? why or why not?
I do. I mean, I wouldn't say that I can't live without it, but I do enjoy watching the waves.
nessie: have you ever felt invisible to people -- the feeling of not existing?
Only all the time. I am the youngest by far in my family of origin, and relatively able to pass under the radar as an adult as well.
mutant spider: what is one of your biggest fears?
Failing to live up to myself.
werewolf: if you could change into any nonhuman animal and back at will, what animal would you change into and why?
I would love to be a wolf, though not at feeding time. When it comes to food, I'd rather be a giraffe.
golem: if you could make up an imaginary friend, what would they be like and why?
They'd be quite similar to me, except they'd've done all the things I only wish I'd done.
leprechaun: what is your "pot of gold" (or white whale, if you'd rather)
I like to help people, and fix things. This gets me in SO MUCH TROUBLE.
sharktopus: what is something you've done that was ridiculous or a bad decision?
Wasting so much time on computer games like Candy Crush. I really must stop. Again.
robot: what is a habit you do without thinking?
I rub my nose a lot. And laugh mindlessly when I'm not sure WTF is going on.
+ + + + + + + +
First Things First

{1} First thing you would do/buy if you won the lottery:
I'd pay off the house, and I'd feel generally easier about my future.
{2} First person you call when you get amazing news:
Huh. Good question. I don't know anymore.
{3} First thing you do when you've had a bad day:
Depends on what kind of bad. If it was a truly hopeless, I-can't-do-anything, I just sleep a lot. If it's bad because of people being jerks, I cry.
{4} First movie you went to without your parents:
Saturday Night Fever. Though I told my parents it was some random movie about talking donkeys or something.
{5} First sport you played (Little League-style or in school):
I was on the girls' basketball team in 7th grade.
{6} First major injury:
I haven't ever had an injury. Several surgeries, but nothing injurious.
{7} First product I use in the shower:
Water.
{8} First apartment or house on your own (away from you parents!):
If we discount college dorms, or other college housing, it was the first apartment Beast and I lived in after we got married.
{9} First Roommate(s):
When my sister visited, I always had my oldest niece sharing my room. She snored. At a very young age (like 6) and all along. And then after that it was my college roommate at age 18. She also snored. And then I got married, and he snored. FML
{10} First Time Living Away from Home:
College. [why are all the words capitalized?]
{11} First magazine subscription:
Spin. It was sold to me as "like Rolling Stone." It's not.
{12} First real piece of jewelry you owned:
Uhhhh....?? There's a necklace upstairs on it's hanger that I got when I was little. It's a small gold heart. And my charm bracelet from junior high. And a ring from my mom. It sounds like I'm a jewelry hound from a young age, but...well, maybe I actually was! Huh.
{13} First time staying home alone:
I stayed home along regularly from age 10 on. Latchkey kid for the win!
{14} First thing I reach for in the fridge:
Pop.
{15} First car accident or traffic violation:
First ticket was about 10 years ago for going 45 in a 40. First accident I was in was when I was a kid and my mom turned left in front of someone. First one I was a driver? Uh...probably just a fender-bender in a parking lot.
Bonus: Toilet paper, over or under?
Don't care as long as it's there.
+ + + + + + + +
The simple life

What are five things you would like to do more.
Exercise, sleep, not worry, work (I know, sue me, ok?), read.
What is your quote to live by
"La la la la, I'm not listening...."
What was the best thing that happened this week?
Beast walked about 40 yards today by his own choice at speed. Woot!!
What is something you are stressed about?
Oh yeah, that's VERY FUCKING FUNNY.
What book has influenced your life?
All of the "Laura" books. Something from them goes through my mind daily just about. Or The Hiding Place because when Laura isn't haunting me, Corrie is.
Share a childhood memory
Shaking raw chicken in a paper sack with flour for Sunday dinner after returning home from church.
What fictional character would you most like to be?
I feel a great deal of kinship with Alice (in Wonderland) these days.
What is something you are proud of?
My stubbornness.
What was the last thing you celebrated?
Beast's birthday was yesterday. We had a very small celebration.
What are weird things you like?
I don't find them weird: dogs, poptarts, sunshine, sleep. Have I mentioned how much I love sleep??
What is your favorite song to sing?
It all comes back to "Amazing Grace" every time I try to think of a song to sing to Beast.
Name three things you do well.
Give directions, help others, procrastinate.
What are your priorities in life?
Oh hell, I just try not to kill myself or anyone else over the course of the day, really. Now more than ever it's "one day at a time."
What is something that scares you?
Poverty.
Best book you read this year?
The Iceland trilogy by Michael Ridpath. Absolutely fascinating.
+ + + + + + + +
Thanksgiving thoughts

1. What made you feel patriotic this year?
The continued protests in the streets and arenas and everywhere are all I can come up with.
2 . What do you value most about your life?
My friendships.
3. What do you appreciate about your friendships
I really didn't read ahead. I appreciate that people care when they don't have to do so.
4. Name one person who can make you laugh, even months later. Why?
Beast.
5. What is the funniest thing you remember about a Thanksgiving past?
Oh holy crap, there are so many goofy things at Thanksgivings past. We have a tradition of throwing chirping Tribbles at each other after we eat these days.
6. Do you have any unusual traditions, rituals or habits around Thanksgiving?
Other than throwing Tribbles? Of course we do, though I can't think of anything too strange.
7. Name one ancestor that you think about on Thanksgiving and tell us why.
My dad? My mom? I don't know--most of my ancestors were dead before I was 10, aside from my personal generation and my parents.
8. Is there a family heirloom at the Thanksgiving table? What its story?
We usually use my mom's china. Which means we have to hand-wash everything, but that's good bonding time, so....
9. What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving Day?
I really do enjoy all the cooking stuff and getting everything ready for people. I like all the people and silliness and family/friends around the table.
10. What random act of kindness did you perform or that was done to you this year that makes you feel grateful?
I have been held in the hearts of so many people this fall...and I try to pay it forward every day.
11. What do you appreciate about the change of seasons?
I like the pretty leaves, before they all fall. I do like a change in weather, generally, though I'm not a fan of winter.
12. Name five things that make you happy about today.
I had a good childhood, I still love my current house, I have adorable little kids to see this week, Sparky is coming home for a few days, Beast walked.
13. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were little?
No squash on the table. Otherwise, it's quite similar.
14. If you could share Thanksgiving dinner today with one person in history who would it be? Why? (Note: it can be a relative)
I'd invite the Roanoke settlers and get the freakin' true story from them!!
15. What is one wish you have for the next generation as they begin to establish their own Thanksgiving traditions.
Have fun. Cook some food yourself. Don't obsess.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.