Saturday, August 19, 2017

The 18

(Found here)
started 7:55 p.m. 8/13

1701. How will tomorrow be like today? Looks like the weather is likely to be similar: warm, not hot, party-cloudy. And I'll be inside at work all day.

1702. How would you react if a stranger pinched your bottom? I'd like to think I'd clean his clock, but I'm more likely to be so shocked that he'd be laughing his way out the door before I could collect myself.

1703. When was the last time you went on a date? I'm 53. I've been married 31 years. My husband is disabled. Does a baseball game with 7 other people today count as a date? We didn't even sit by each other....

1704. Have you ever ridden a horse? Yes. It was surprisingly terrifying.

1705 is missing. My freebie to say what I want. If you are a Trump supporter who has not made it clear where you stand on Charlottesville, please do. The rest of us want to know how many Nazis and racists we know.

1706. What is almost over? The world?

1707. What should you be doing that you are putting off? Going to bed. I'm beat.

1708. How much would you have to change physically before you would no longer be yourself anymore? As long as my mind were still intact I'd still be me.

1709. How much would you have to change mentally before you would no longer be yourself anymore? Hmm, well, that's a rather deep question. Our brains change daily, so....

1710. Would you rather be famous or notorious? I'd rather no one knew my name. Unfortunately, I seem to look like someone everyone in the Midwest knows. It happened again today!

1711. Would you rather have a necklace that's dripping with diamonds or a blueberry farm? I'll have the diamonds, please.

1712. Could you take first place in a beauty contest? I could but it would be theft.

1713. Who is the biggest hypocrite you know and why? Our fearful leader (in the U.S.).

1714. Would you consider yourself to be more opinionated or bitchy? In a woman, it's the same damn thing.

1715. How long is it until your next day off? Just under 5 full days.

1716. What sound is annoying you right now? Nothing is annoying my ear right now.

1717. Imagine you're taking a vacation with 4 people. Who are they? Beast, Sparky, Sparky's (non-existent) girlfriend, their (non-existent) kid.

1718. The five of you travel by plane. Suddenly your plane crashes down over snowy mountains. The pilot and the air crew and all the other passengers die. The only way for you to survive is for one of you to get eaten by the others. Who will it be? I imagine Beast and I would sacrifice ourselves.

1719. Anorexia and obesity are two life-threatening eating related disorders. Why is it that when it is discovered that someone is an anorexic they are rushed to the hospital, but when someone is obese they are not rushed to the hospital? Often they are. Often they've had a stroke or heart attack, or fallen into a diabetic coma or other illnesses have wiped them out.

1720. Who is your favorite smurf? I find every one of them hideous.

1721. Why do you do things that you know are bad for you? Cuz they feel good and because bad habits.

1722. How important is testing to education? Too important these days.

1723. What food group do you eat the most of (bread and pasta, meats and eggs and fish, fruits and vegetables, milk and cheese, sugar and butter)? It's probably pretty close between bread, cheese and sugar.

1724. Who is the most adorable person you know? I have some seriously cute great-nephews and -nieces. I mean, SERIOUSLY. One of these days I should post some photos of the crew....

1725. If you had to spend a half hour locked in a dark closet with someone from school or work that you don't normally hang out with who would you want it to be? Stephanie, though my workplace is small enough that we all hang out with each other to some degree. Steph smells the best, plus she's quiet and likes the dark.

1726. How often do you masturbate in a week? Probably less than whoever asked this question.

1727. In the USA people work a full third of the year for the government, due to taxes. How do you feel about this? We work 1/3 of the WORK DAYS, not counting weekends and holidays. I'm fine with that, except for the money we're currently spending at various Trump properties.

1728. Should people be allowed to use cell phones in their cars? Only hands-free.

1729. Have you ever been in the room while a human baby was born? Three times. It's pretty miraculous, I have to say.

1730. Have you ever been in the room while an animal baby was born? ...wow, no, I actually haven't! :'(

1731. Did you see the video The Miracle of Life in school? Of course. Only in my day it was a 16mm movie!

1732. How do you feel about having a baby? My baby-factory closed 20 years ago and was sold for salvage. If you want to have a baby, and can support said child, by all means: have at it!

1733. Have you ever had a tooth pulled? Only 8. Four wisdom teeth, which had erupted and so had to be pulled rather than surgically removed. I also had to have my first molars pulled when I had braces because my mouth is too small for all the teeth we modern humans have.

1734. Who are you waiting for an email/call/note/visit from? This is not something I do. When people write, call, visit, we're all happy. No expectations.

1735. What are you counting the days until? I don't really have any deadlines. I mean, there's plenty to keep track of, but I'm not excited about most of it.

1736. What is the greatest temptation for you? S U G A R

1737. How do you resist it? I, uhm, don't very often.

1738. Who is your knight in shining armor? Beast of course.

1739. If you were walking and someone behind you yelled "HEY YOU!" would you turn around? How big of a crowd am I in? If there are others around, I'm unlikely to respond.

1740. Do loud noises make you tense? I'm not a big fan of them, but I wouldn't necessarily say I get tense. I just don't like them.

1741. Has anyone ever told you that your epidermis was showing? ....sigh

1742. Would you rather work or stay home with the baby? I hate to be That Guy, but staying home with the baby is fucking hard work!!

1743. Would you rather have people agree with you all the time or tell you the honest truth? Truth, please.

1744. Will you/have you gone to your high school reunion? I went to my 20th, and to Beast's 20th. Mine was great. His was amazingly, rather epicly, AWFUL!

1745. What do you think of your yearbook picture? My high school senior picture is great. I'm so damned young, and confident-looking. I was actually totally nervous and felt like an idiot at the photo shoot. Guess my acting skills are good.

1746. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer? Gatherer.

1747. If you ever were to visit Hershey Park, the theme park based on the chocolate candy, would you enjoy going to the spa where you can be treated to a whipped cocoa bath, a milk and honey bath, or simply a chocolate fondue skin wrap? I've been to Hershey, and I did not have these options at the time. It sounds really icky, though.

1748. If someone asks you to read a poem they wrote, will you really take your time to try and understand what they wrote and tell them what you think or just read it quickly and tell them that it's really good? If it's someone I like, I'm far more likely to do the first, especially if I know they can take criticism. I've had more than one person ask me this at work, and the resulting writing has been, without exception, bad.

1749. Do you feel that if a coincidence occurs it means something? Meaning is in the eye of the beholder.

1750. Were you beautiful as a child? I was a cute kid, yes.

1751. Do you think that it is okay for a homosexual or a woman to become a priest? I'd rather have either than some of the straight, males in pulpits around the world right now.

1752. Which would you rather give up forever, religion or sex? One is an activity, one is a mindset. I don't think there's parity here.

1753. What comes to mind when you think of these places:
Canada? U.S. North, but nice and a little colder and less crowded.
UK? Green fields, narrow roads, LONDON, and pub food.
USA? Stupidity.
Australia? Friendly people, scary-as-fuck animals, less crowded, and hot.
Germany? People are unfriendly and/or rude, lots of green, cold and damp, pretty countryside.
Italy? Warm, amazing food, great people, history history history

1754. What does your favorite bumper sticker say? see right

1755. Have you ever taken a shower with another person? Of course.

1756. What bath toys do you have, if any? I have several rubber duckies in my house, in the bathrooms. I don't actively play with them.

OMG I am tired! And done for now: 8:34 p.m.
Back, hopefully to finish, at 8:15 p.m. 8/19/17

1757. Would you rather propose to someone you love or would you rather be proposed to by someone you love? I don't think it really matters to me at this point.

1758. How can you reject someone nicely? Not laughing at them is a good start. Being kind is also good. But if it's rejection, they're going to be hurt.

1759. What kinds of diary names make you interested enough to check out the diary? Honestly, I tend to notice puns and swear words, and sites that aren't out-of-control busy.

1760. What do you think are three common passwords people use to secure their diaries? Their names, 1234, 1111 are biggies from what I've seen.

1761. Pick an object in the room. Let's go with the rocking chair.
Give that object a name. What? Why? No!

1762. What is the quickest way to make you blush? I blush for any reason at all. Or none. It's that northern European pale skin.

1763. Do you usually feel that you deserve it when other people compliment you? Depends. Sometimes, when it's for something I've done, not for something I am.

1764. If you were to start your own business what kind of business do you think it might be? Probably something that involved a lot of computer time. I don't know.

1765. What is one of your pet peeves? "Noo-kyu-luhr"

1766. What question do you get asked too frequently? "Do you (the library) have eclipse glasses?" No We Do Not Dammit!

1767. You notice a ring is priced $40.00, but the cashier only charges you $10.00. Do you mention this to the cashier? Probably. I mean, I handed back a ring from which I'd lost the large opal setting (think +1 carat) when they replaced it with a diamond. Cuz I'm an idiot.

1768. Could a kiss on the ___ be considered cheating?
Cheek? I've certainly cheated hella million times in my life then! No.
Lips? Depends on who and with what intention.
Nose? Uh no.
Hand? What? No!
Ear? OK, perhaps, unless it's your kid.
Neck? See previous answer.

1769. Would it bother you if your lover occasionally flirted with others? My hubby flirts with every damned baby in a restaurant that he sees!

1770. How long has it been since you last played Truth or Dare? A VERY long time. A very VERY VERY long time.

1771. Should people who are living now be obligated to do things that will make the world better for people who will live 100 years from now? "Obligated" no. If they WANTED to do it, though, that would be a nice change.

1772. Imagine you have a dream in which someone you care for acts mean to you. Is it possible you will still be angry with this person when you wake up? This has happened multiple times this summer, and yeah, I do have a tendency to be a little woo-woo with the person at least the first time I see them IRL.

1773. Have you ever left someone a note with a picture in it?
If yes, how do you do it? I'm not at all sure what this means. I've mailed letters with photos. I've emailed same. I've sent pictures in chats, texts, and IMs.

1774. What do you fear more, death or pain? Pain.

1775. Are the questions still interesting this far into the survey? Some of them are just weird, and I like that.

1776. Do you like the cartoon Inspector Gadget? It always reminds me of Sparky seeing the movie and then singing along with Shania "Man, I feel like a Gadget."

1777. You know how Gadget wears the same outfit all the time, and his closet is full of outfits that are exactly identical to the one he wears? If your closet was full of just one outfit that you had to wear everyday what would it be like? T-shirt and jeans, comfy shoes.

1778. Would you rather time travel to the future or the past? Future.

1779. Would you rather know how the world began or how it will end? Began. I'm pretty sure I know how it will end, and it seems to be getting closer every day.

1780. Would you rather meet your ancient ancestors or your great great great great great great grandchildren? Well, if I'm right about 1779, there won't be any of the latter, so let's go with the ancestors.

1781. Out of these 4 which is most important (1=most, 2= second most, 3 = 3rd most, 4 = least)?
Curing diseases such as AIDS, cancer: 1
Preserving wildlife areas: 3
Ending terrorism: 2
Building colonies in space: 4

1782. In your opinion should every child be entitled to a good education? YES! Of course.

1783. What news item are you tired of hearing about? I literally canNOT hear Trump's voice anymore. I actively "la la la la" when I'm in the vicinity of TV or radio or computer and he's talking. Yuck.

1784. Speaking of 9/11, [we were??] the anniversary is coming up. What will you be doing? I work that day. Otherwise, it looks like Bookletters day and nothing else specific at work.

1785. If this were a recipe for you, how would it go?
2 cups: Attitude
1 cup: Laughter
1/2 cup: Situational awareness
A pinch of: Foul language
A dash of: Disbelief
Mix well and bake until: ...well, bake until baked.
Add: Puns
Serve: Room temperature.

1786. Which of the following would YOU be more likely to survive:
A fall from a 3 story building ~OR~ Driving a car into the water Well, I can't swim, but if I got out fast and it was shallow water I'd be ok. The fall....yeah, that's gonna hurt.

1787. What philosophy was manifested in the Communist Manifesto? Well, shit, I have no idea. [so much sarcasm, not to mention irony]

1788. Who is your exact opposite? The first name that came to mind was Kim Kardashian, but actually my EXACT opposite human is probably Steve Bannon.

1789. Would you rather have serenity or insanity? SERENITY!

1790. What do these phrases mean?
Moulin Rougue [sic]: Red Mill [heh, never thought about it--we have a Moulin Rouge in town]
Le voyage sur le bateau: Boat trip, colloquially
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir: Do you want to sleep with me tonight. [no question mark]

1791. What is the longest distance you have ever walked? I used to hike a lot as a kid. Probably 10 miles up and down would have been a big day.

1792. The ancient Greek philosopher Plato believes that beauty, truth, and justice all basically mean the same thing. What are your feelings about this? My response is Shalom.

1793. How did you first begin to assert yourself as independent from your parents? By being a spoiled little brat. ...and in a slightly more positive frame, I planned very early to leave town for college and go as far away as possible. Which I did.

1794. If you had a magic bracelet, would you use it to gain luck, money, health, creativity or love? I think today I'd be best served by asking for self-knowledge, or self-control.

1795. What would you do if every time you used your magic bracelet something bad would happen to someone else? I should hope I'd take it off and burn it with fire!

1796. This is a story about a girl. While at the funeral of her own mother, she met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be that she fell in love with him then and there, although she didn't even see him after the funeral ended. A few days later, the girl killed her own sister.
What is her motive for killing her sister? I have no idea, whaddoo I look like, a mind reader??
However, having Googled this mess, it's good to know I'm not a psychopath.

1797. Have you ever intentionally hurt someone’s feelings? Yessir, I have. It's in the Parenting Code.

1798. What do you think of Franz Ferdinand? The band is ok, though not for lengthy listening. The dude was kind of a putz, though he hardly deserved assassination.

1799. What do you think of the band Modest Mouse? They're ok too, but see above.

1800. What do you think of Morrissey [sic]? I'd rather not listen to him. I don't really need to get further depressed.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.