Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
 I Will Never Let You Down (2017)
... because Smellyann recommended Fastball
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Fastball is a trio from Austin, Texas. Austin is the capital of Texas. When you were in school, did you have to memorize the state capitals?
I didn't have to, but I did have them memorized by the time I was in 2nd grade. I still know most of 'em. It comes in handy periodically.
2) Have you ever visited your state's capital?
Yep. I was there in town about 18 months ago, and I saw the Capitol itself 19 years ago. I'm not going back till there are some grownups running the state. We've had nothing but NOTHING since our current governor was elected. The state is in SERIOUS financial trouble, and they are just diddling around, but getting paid. That needs to stop.
3) Fastball played dates throughout Canada this past spring. When did you last leave the US of A?
Last September we were in the U.K. for a family wedding.
4) Tony Scalzo is a founding member of Fastball. He's the singer in the video for this song, and that's his wife, Jennifer, playing the organizer of the speed-dating event. Have you ever gotten a job because you knew somebody?
That's kind of how I got the job I have now. Ah, the good old days of not posting jobs....never gonna happen nowadays. [insert current workplace griping and gossip here]
5) In this pitch to a perspective lover, he admits he doesn't have much money. Last time you went to the ATM, how much did you withdraw?
I always get $300. I use cash at Aldi's and most fast-food places, as well as haircuts and Walgreen's, etc., so I go through it in a couple of weeks.
6) He sings that at times, his mind is hazy. Do you have a good memory for names?
I'm great with names! I totally SUCK at faces and at matching names with the right faces. It's pathetic.
7) Fastball guitarist Miles Zuniga admits that he once had a crush on Carrie Fisher (aka Princess Leia). Tell us about one of your one-sided love affairs, either with a celebrity or someone you knew in real life.
Oh, I had it BAD for Andy Gibb back in the day (c. 1978). Giant poster of him shirtless on my wall. Remember this was the era of super-tight pants, too, so I'm actually surprised in hindsight at my parents' forbearance. It really was heartbreaking when he died, less than 10 years later.
8) Fastball's drummer Joey Shuffield is partial to drums from Pork Pie Percussion. This company was started by Bill Detamore, who began making drums as a hobby. Do you have any hobbies that, under the right circumstances, could make you money?
Nope. Well, I mean, I suppose if I was really motivated and needy, I could make money blogging or Facebooking, or reading (?), but then I'm not sure it would be fun anymore at that point.
9) The fast ball is the most common pitch in major league baseball. Now that the MLB season is past the halfway mark, how is your baseball team doing?
I don't have "a team." And shouldn't baseball season end (and start, for that matter), in warm temperatures by the way?? OK, that's just a tiny chip from the iceberg of disdain I feel about baseball. (Sorry, Gal--but fans are not part of the disdain, so ...)

4 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

LOVE love LOVE Aldi. They are building a new one even closer to me now!! YAY!!!

Kwizgiver said...

Andy Gibb was something!

The Gal Herself said...

The Andy Gibb saga was so sad. (And now I have Everlasting Love going through my head.)

Rauner. Sigh. I hope one of the 11,000 Dems running can put an end to our nightmare.

Baseball. If I had my way, they'd put a dome on Wrigley and we'd play all year around! ;)

Cat. said...

Rauner's in my area today. I hope he paid for his own Greyhound ticket...hah!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.