Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Ginormous Questions

1. Are you single?
Well, I'm not plural. But I am married.
2. Are your parents still married?
Technically, I guess so. They are both dead, however, so I don't actually know their current status. They never divorced while either was alive.
3. Are you in love?
"In love"=no. I did have a VERY weird dream overnight about this topic involving someone I only know through Facebook and a mutual friend.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I don't. My sister Jean did. Even when she told me--some 15 years after she married the guy--I thought she was insane.
5. Who ended your last relationship?
Lack of attention (and I'm going with friend-relationship, since any ending of dating relationships was 32-odd years ago).
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up?
Even as the breaker-upper, there's always some pain, yeah.
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I so hate this question. We break the hearts of others every day over the smallest things: a rude gesture, an eyeroll, a firm "NO!" As a parent, when Sparky was around all the time I sort of felt like the world's biggest heart-breaker. Usually for his safety and well-being, but sometimes because I was tired, or just being ridiculous ("the sound of the fan is SO LOUD--TURN IT DOWN NOW!" about a ceiling fan turned on low), or some confluence of bad timing.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
It's still a secret. Unless the dream last night counts, since that was actually part of the dream.
9. Prefer love or lust?
Prefer love.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends?
Few besties. My delimiter for friendship seems to be set differently than most people's. I can be friendly to hundreds of people daily, but only about 10 people in my life are what I consider "friends" in that only that many really know the deep, dark, dirty stuff.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in?
Can't I just take a nap?
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out?
Nope. Weirdly, it would have been super-easy, but it never occurred to me.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt?
Yeah.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)?
Those 10 or so people I mentioned above.
15. Ever wanted to disappear?
This feeling comes and goes a bit like the tide.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes?
Voice. Shoulders. I guess smile is before eyes though.
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction?
Wait, isn't it possible to have both?? Because I cannot even think about being attracted to someone without a shred of intelligence. You know how there are (I guess) people who are attracted to power? Not me: bring in the brains!!
18. Last phone call you received?
I'm sure it was a telemarketer that I sent right to vm.
19. Last thing you drank?
I'm still working on my Diet Pepsi from lunch at Panera.
20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship?
I so SO hate this question!! I have dozens of relationships that begin/end almost daily/weekly/monthly.
21. Do you and your family get along?
Mostly. My family-of-origin gets along best from several hundred miles apart.
22. Would you say you have a "screwed up life"?
Nope. I've had a decidedly easy and blessed life with a few pretty awful events -- through little of my own doing, may I add.
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell.
I once was not allowed in a bar in Milwaukee because I was wearing Harley gear. (hint: Harley engines are built in Milwaukee) WTF, still 25+ years later.
24. Do you trust all your friends?
To greater or lesser extents. I'm gradually learning that my expectations are my problem, not my friends'.
25. Who knows the most about you?
Beast, these days.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.