Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Mama Can't Buy You Love (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This week's artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters -- one of France's highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What's the most recent compliment you received?
I can't think of anything. I've been thanked, but I can't think of a compliment. Probably, it's because I am not geared to listen to them?
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
I do not. It came out "just in case, while [they] were in there anyway" in 1997. The surgeon was absolutely sure that my appendix was the cause of the immense pain I was having; it was not. (It was a baseball-sized tumor, which had burst. I'll spare the details.)
3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
I have. And I'd go back in a heartbeat, though perhaps not right now. I'm sure it's changed a bit (hah) since I was there 30 years ago.
4) Elton and his mother hadn't spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their b[r]each in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
Hmm, interesting. I know a LOT of people in their 70s and early 80s. I used to know a lot of folks in their 90s. I can't actually think of who I know that's the "winner" here.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
It's kind of a mess right now: thousands of dandelion stalks in the yard, weeds in the gardens, unmown this weekend. At some point, Beast is just going to have to face reality and hire a yard service..... But, yeah, it's green under all the dandelions. That's rarely a problem 'round here.
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
I'm pretty sure that was Val Day cards for Sparky and Beast.
7) Sam's mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
I wash and reuse plastic storage bags (i.e. baggies). Yes, I've been warned multiple times about it. I don't reuse anything that had raw meat in it.
8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty?
I emptied the dishwasher before dinner, then immediately emptied the sink and drainboard into it, so now the counter is clear(er). Honestly? I can't get ahead. I'm so tired of living in untidiness, but I'm so tired, period, that I just don't seem to get things cleaned.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on -- twin, full, queen or king?
We have a Sleep Number bed, king-size, with split mattresses so we can adjust head and feet separately. Aside from the hassle of buying sheets and the random separation of mattresses with use, I adore my bed. It is the absolute best investment we've made in furniture.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I've never heard from a Sleep Number bed owner, so your endorsement fascinates me.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.