Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Unknown Author Questions

1. if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
You'd have to read a lot of history, mysteries (everything but cozies) and "good" lit. You'd have to watch lots of (true and fictional) crime shows, and medical docs. I listen to almost everything. That one's pretty easy.
2. have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who?
Kwizgiver and I seem to be on the same wavelength fairly often. Except on football teams and coffee. ;-)
3. list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
I don't really do fandoms. I like ST and my favorite characters of those series I've seriously watched are Bones, Picard, Kira, and Janeway.
4. do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you better?
My name is good. At this point, having to switch to listening for another one would be difficult.
5. do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
Hah. I'm a human. I don't worry about doing and being unless it's a Frank Sinatra tune (do-be-do-be-do).
6. are you religious/spiritual?
I'm churchy. I think we're all spiritual beings, but not everyone connects with that part of them often.
7. do you care about your ethnicity?
Do I care?? I'm aware of it. I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on changing it.
8. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
U2, Melissa Etheridge, Howard Jones, Annie Lennox, Alison Moyet....
9. are you an artist?
I can do a mean stick figure, and lots of abstract stuff. I don't think I'm overly artistic in the traditional sense, however.
10. do you have a creed?
Lately, it's "don't be a dick."
11. describe your ideal day.
I started to write some stuff, but really I've found that good days are what you make of them, and being open to surprises is key.
12. dog person or cat person?
I'm definitely a dog person. But since I'm allergic to both cats and dogs, it's not in the cards.
13. inside or outdoors?
I've become mostly an indoor person. Allergies.
14. are you a musician?
Amateur only.
15. five most influential books over your lifetime.
In no particular order: The Bible. Traveling Mercies (Anne Lamott). A Marginal Jew, v. 1 (John Meier). The Laura books. Nicholas & Alexandra (Robert Massie). There are dozens of others.
16. if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
No I do not think so. Everything that has happened in my life has made me who I am. Change one thing and the whole Jenga collapses.
17. would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
I don't do Tumblr--though, come to think of it, I guess I have one that I seriously have never used--but this blog gives you a decent idea of what goes on in my head.
18. what’s your patronus?
I think J.K. Rowling's site told me it was a rodent of some kind. Squirrel maybe? Or ferret? Seems fitting.
19. which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
Being an American, I'd be a no-maj not a muggle, but I'm more or less solidly Hufflepuff.
20. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
It would be fun to visit Hogwarts, but overall, I like here best.
21. do you love easily?
I don't even know for sure what this means. I probably do, but it doesn't seem "easy" to me. Or hard. It just seems like me.
22. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
Sleeping. Worrying/Feeling guilty. Working. Doing online stuff (Facebook, this, email, etc.). Reading.
23. how often would you want to see your family every year?
I see some family member or other 4-6 times a year, usually in packs, like coyotes. LOL There have been years of my life when no one lived nearby when I only saw family once or twice a year. It's not that I don't like them, but short visits go a long way for me. And there isn't anyone less than an hour away, and some are an 8-hour plane trip and 4-hour drive away.
24. have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
Beast and I occasionally feel that way. We've known each other for 35 years, so we have but to look at each other sometimes to know what the other person is thinking.
25. could you live as a hermit?
Not permanently. There are days, even a few weeks, when it sounds positively heavenly, but I need people to talk to at some point.
26. how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
I'm cis-gendered female.
27. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
Nope. I'm absolutely not this old, nor is the real me this fat.
28. on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
Depends on who and what they're trying on. I'm probably an 8 in public/with the public, and maybe a 5 with people I know and care about.
29. three songs that you connect with right now.
These are the three that popped into my mind first: "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" (Stevie Wonder)--no clue why, today, when it's cold, windy and cloudy outside. "Short People" (Randy Newman)--because one of the drivers in the race is named Newman. "Amazing Grace"--because it's always floating near the top.
30. pick one of your favorite quotes.
“You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive.” ―James Baldwin

1 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is a beautiful quote. Something to remember.
#27 is so funny! 😁
My answers really missed the mark on this one.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.