Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
This Is the Way the Bunny Hops
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Why do you suppose there are so many songs about Santa Claus, yet very few about the Easter Bunny?
The Easter Bunny is vaguely terrifying. I remember thinking so as a kid, and the sight of a giant rabbit with small children since then has not calmed my childhood anxieties much. In my family's case, part of the issue is that Easter is a serious holiday, about a serious subject. No babies, just death. And resurrection.
2) This song was written by The Kiboomers, two early education teachers who are passionate about the power of music to help kids learn. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on your life.
Mrs. Ramadan made me cry the first time I met her. That didn't make me more likely to contribute to class in 2nd grade. Hey, not all teachers are great with every kid!
3) Legend has it that the Easter Bunny was introduced to America in the 1700s by German immigrants. These children waited for a magic creature who left colored eggs. Today's kids dye Easter eggs themselves. When did you most recently color eggs?
Good heavens, it's been a decade at least! Sparky's 24 and I'm sure we stopped before high school. I'm the only one who ate them afterwards anyway.
4) The Easter Bunny is usually shown carrying a wicker basket filled with eggs, toys and candy. Is there any wicker in the room you're in right now?
There's a very broken wicker basket on the step. I need to throw it out; finally emptied it today after sticking my foot through it about a month ago.
5) While marshmallow Peeps are manufactured all year around, they are most popular at Easter. Do you prefer the chicks or the bunnies?
I loathe Peeps. Gross. Like those orange "circus peanuts" I simply do not get the attraction at all!
6) A little time in the microwave can do ugly things to a Peep. Have you ever nuked a Peep?
No, but I have enjoyed the videos for over a decade. I do not need to spend money on something like that, but I can certainly enjoy other people wasting their money, right? There was a whole Peeps in the library thing about 2008 that probably is still done every spring. Smells awful.
7) Would you prefer a hollow or a solid chocolate bunny?
Solid. Duh! But hollow is fine too, if it's good chocolate.
8) A traditional American Easter dinner usually includes glazed ham or roast lamb. Which would you rather have as your main course?
I do like lamb, but I don't know how to cook it. We usually have ham if I'm cooking, which I'm not this year. We're meeting family for lunch.
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
Shower/bath. Being around kids. A good nap.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

EW! I'd forgotten those peanut things! You're right, they are dreadful. In appearance, in texture, in flavor. Shudder!

Kwizgiver said...

Dear god, I shuddered thinking about the peanut things.... dear god!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.