Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Bizarro Cliché
  1. The Magic Word is “please,” but what’s the magic gesture?
    Around here on the road, it seems to be a flying bird.
  2. “Big D” is Dallas, but where is Big G?
    I'm stumping for Green Bay.
  3. Elvis Presley is the King of Rock and Roll, but who’s the king of your personal music collection?
    I have a Queen: Melissa Etheridge.
  4. The motherland is wherever you consider your family’s origins, but what’s the cousinland?
    Appalachia.
  5. CBS calls itself the Tiffany Network, but what would you call the Walmart Network?
    Fox. Of course!

4 sweet-talkers :

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

The bird is the first gesture I thought of too, but I've spent my life here in NJ and didn't want to stereotype my state any more than it already is.

JLS Hall said...

Yes, my first thought was "the bird" too. Not a happy thought, though - and I'm not sure what sort of "magic" it might work.

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Joy @ joysweb

Cat. said...

Heh, Kimberly. Note that I didn't bad-mouth my area by name. ;-)

Joy, it's undoubtedly bad magic.

onebadscrivener said...

Ooh, Green Bay is a good answer even though I only know the one thing about it everyone knows.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.