- The first quarter of 2017 is now behind us. How has it been?
LONG!! Holy crap, this year is just creeping by. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of living with an invalid, having a crazy-child running our country, and worrying about everything....it's wiping me out.
- How has this past quarter of your life been surprisingly good?
Uhm. It really hasn't been. It's a nice night, birds are singing, I'm watching Emergency on TV (not the 70s drama, this is a reality show from Canada). It's kind of fun listening to the accents.
- When did you last drop quarters into a vending machine?
I can't even remember. We have coin kiosks at work for making copies (etc.) so I use--and definitely HEAR--them all the time.
- How do you feel about your state’s twenty-five-cent coin? If you’re not in the U.S., which of the coins do you think is especially striking?
I had to Google it since I haven't paid the slightest attention to all of the hullabaloo about them. It's got the state's Favorite Son on it, the skyline for our biggest city, and some farm buildings. Whee.
- Google’s corporate headquarters is called the Googleplex. What would be a good name for the corporate headquarters of your life?
Messy, dusty, untidy, chaotic. Sorry, I don't have any creative way of phrasing that.
Gimme One Reason
- What makes you unreasonably irritated?
Stupidity. Man, everyone was irritating me today: other drivers, a couple of regular patrons that are incredibly needy (and stupid), office staff at the doctor's office.... It was just an irritating day.
- What are you unreasonably particular about?
Having facts to support a point of view. If you just "believe" it, that's fine, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to "believe" it on your say-so. Bring me some data, or go to hell. [Though, to be honest, I don't think this is at all unreasonable....]
- What’s something that’s unreasonably complicated?
Disability sign-up. Beast's application was submitted 3 months ago. It's still "pending."
- What are the best reasons for working in your field?
I get to do something I think is important to society--literacy, reading, exploring, fact-finding, providing access to all of the above--and get paid a decent wage for it. I work with great people, and every day is different.
- What are some good reasons for the most recent silly purchase you made?
I was hungry for something sweet, watching Beast eat his M&Ms. So I went and bought junk food. I suck.