Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday 5 x 2

(Link in meme-roll)
Quarters
  1. The first quarter of 2017 is now behind us. How has it been?
    LONG!! Holy crap, this year is just creeping by. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of living with an invalid, having a crazy-child running our country, and worrying about everything....it's wiping me out.
  2. How has this past quarter of your life been surprisingly good?
    Uhm. It really hasn't been. It's a nice night, birds are singing, I'm watching Emergency on TV (not the 70s drama, this is a reality show from Canada). It's kind of fun listening to the accents.
  3. When did you last drop quarters into a vending machine?
    I can't even remember. We have coin kiosks at work for making copies (etc.) so I use--and definitely HEAR--them all the time.
  4. How do you feel about your state’s twenty-five-cent coin? If you’re not in the U.S., which of the coins do you think is especially striking?
    I had to Google it since I haven't paid the slightest attention to all of the hullabaloo about them. It's got the state's Favorite Son on it, the skyline for our biggest city, and some farm buildings. Whee.
  5. Google’s corporate headquarters is called the Googleplex. What would be a good name for the corporate headquarters of your life?
    Messy, dusty, untidy, chaotic. Sorry, I don't have any creative way of phrasing that.


Gimme One Reason
  1. What makes you unreasonably irritated?
    Stupidity. Man, everyone was irritating me today: other drivers, a couple of regular patrons that are incredibly needy (and stupid), office staff at the doctor's office.... It was just an irritating day.
  2. What are you unreasonably particular about?
    Having facts to support a point of view. If you just "believe" it, that's fine, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to "believe" it on your say-so. Bring me some data, or go to hell. [Though, to be honest, I don't think this is at all unreasonable....]
  3. What’s something that’s unreasonably complicated?
    Disability sign-up. Beast's application was submitted 3 months ago. It's still "pending."
  4. What are the best reasons for working in your field?
    I get to do something I think is important to society--literacy, reading, exploring, fact-finding, providing access to all of the above--and get paid a decent wage for it. I work with great people, and every day is different.
  5. What are some good reasons for the most recent silly purchase you made?
    I was hungry for something sweet, watching Beast eat his M&Ms. So I went and bought junk food. I suck.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.