Saturday, March 11, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Count All the Bees in the Hive
  1. Which of the Winnie-the-Pooh characters do you most relate to?
  2. I tend to vacillate a little among Eeyore, Rabbit, and Owl. I also have some Kanga in me.
  3. Which of the Winnie-the-Pooh characters has qualities you’d find most attractive in a romantic partner?
  4. Piglet. Of course.
  5. In what way have you “wandered much further” today than you should?
  6. I haven't gotten a damned thing done today except a quick grocery-shopping trip. I really should start some laundry or something. I'm way off-schedule. OTOH, we had a good time at mini-golf--all three of us--at the library today.
  7. Of Winnie-the-Pooh stories you can remember (from the books, Disney cartoons, or other sources), which is your favorite?
  8. I hate the Disney-fied versions. I literally grew up reading Pooh--I still have the copies of the books my sister Jean gave me when I turned 6--and the stories and poems are delightful and nothing like the Disney crap. My favorite off-the-top-of-my-head is probably the Heffalump story.
  9. Which quote* from the Winnie-the-Pooh stories would be good for the epigraph in the book about your life?
  10. One from the Wiki page that my sister wrote a little note next to in my book (because of "Nanny"--family story):
    And Nanny let my beetle out
    Yes, Nanny let my beetle out
    She went and let my beetle out-
    And beetle ran away.
  11. Thanks for participating, and have a Cottleston Pie weekend!
* Here are a few sources for quotes. I like Wikiquote because it’s sourced, but it can be a bit of a slog to search sometimes. There’s some nicely curated stuff here, but I can’t vouch for its legitimacy. And then there’s always Google Images, which gives pretty results but is the Wild West when it comes to accuracy.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.