Yule Never Be Alone
- About how many family Christmas photo-cards did you receive this year*?
- About how many family Christmas newsletters did you receive this year?
- What do you do with the Christmas photo-cards and newsletters you get each year?
- What’s a good solution for singles who want to participate in this tradition without coming across as a loser?
- About how many old-school, hand-addressed Christmas cards did you receive this year?
Maybe 3 or 4. I don't remember, though they are literally scattered everywhere in the house. I need to clean.
I can only remember two.
I used to save them, but more recently I just stack them up in assorted places.
Single people aren't losers. Talk up all the stuff that married couples would kill for: privacy, quiet, cheaper travel (sometimes), etc. I always loved getting letters from singles when we had a kid. It made me terribly envious.
Not more than about 5 that I recall. We stopped sending them about 5 years ago, and we're down to the die-hards, mostly family.
- When did you last need a few days of complete rest and nothing else?
- How do you keep yourself occupied when you have to be in bed all day and night?
- Who do you most want to hear from when you have to withdraw to your bed for a few days of rest?
- What adverse effects have you experienced while staying in bed for a few days?
- When you first notice a few symptoms, are you more likely to shut everything down right away, or try to power through until you don’t have a choice anymore?
I took last weekend off completely: left town on my own and spent two full days just hanging out and reading and sleeping.
Reading, puzzles, mindless TV if can stagger to the living room.
If I'm that sick, I really don't want anyone near me. For their sake, but also because I'm so easily annoyed.
Total loss of stamina and muscle tone.
No, I crap out as early as possible and sleep.
- What did you last use a spatula for?
- What did you last use your can opener for?
- What did you last pick up with a pair of tongs?
- What did you last use a ladle for?
- What did you last stir with a wooden spoon?
I bought a take 'n bake pizza at Aldi's last night after work. I spatula'd the slices.
Hmm. Chili makin's last month. There's still hardened condensed milk on it. I need to figure out how to soak it....
I can't remember. I remember using them sometime or another fairly recently, but not sure what I was doing.
The aforementioned chili, of course!
The last batch of mac'n'cheese required two, per the norm.