Saturday, February 11, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Hold On to the Knight
On this date in 1996, IBM’s Deep Blue supercomputer beat Garry Kasparov in a game of chess for the first time. This week’s questions are in honor of that amazing feat.
  1. When and how did you learn to play chess?
    I learned the basics so that I could teach my son when he was 5 or 6, so I was in my 30s. I haven't played much sice then; I'm not much of a strategy competition person.
  2. How is your chess game?
    Hah. I think the fact that I started getting beat regularly by a 6-year-old pretty much answers that, eh?
  3. When did you last find yourself in a stalemate?
    Oh this is a daily occurrence at work. I'm becoming a master work-arounder.
  4. A gambit is a chess opening in which a player sacrifices a piece in hopes of gaining an advantageous position. What was one of your recent, real-world gambits?
    I've had to learn to keep almost all my opinions on the DL at work so that I can eventually get the boss to Do the Right Thing by making him think it was all his idea to start with. I hate this game.
  5. Which piece on the chessboard is most like you, and why?
    Oh I am, of course, the queen. (ha ha ha ha)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.