The Shipwreck Questions
- If you were shipwrecked with friends (whether in real life or virtual life or both) think about it and pick some friends and tell us why...
I would be eminently unlikely to be shipwrecked having been on a ship precisely once (for an extended period). BUT in the interest of saying who I would mind being trapped for a significant period of time with: Beast (cuz I like him and he knows stuff), Librarian M (she knows a lot about a lot of sensible things like what to eat and not eat, plus she's fun to talk to), Amy (she'd have books with her), Jet (he'd have a gun with him), Sparky (cuz I like him, he knows stuff, and he has a strong back), and Tech S. at work (because I've never seen her freak out, she can make clothes, and is sensible). This reminds me of doing "Values Clarification" in high school....
- Who would throw the wildest parties, and why did you pick them?
I don't really know anyone who throws wild parties. Sorry. I'm too old for that shit.
- Who would always fall asleep on the couch, and why did you pick them?
Beast, me, or Sparky. We've done a lot of couch-napping in the past three weeks, all of us.
- Who would enter to be in a talent show, and why did you pick them?
Annie, because the girl's got pipes.
- Who would try to get out of doing their chores and why did you pick them?
Me. Because I do that so regularly it's not at all funny.
- Who would accidentally set the kitchen on fire whilst cooking and why did you stupidly pick them?
I don't think I know anyone this incompetent. Maybe one of my nephews--James or Don--but since they're in their 40s and share a house with each other, by now they've surely learned to make food, right?
- Who would try to domesticate an island pet and why did you pick them?
Double pick: Librarians A & C because they are ALL ABOUT animals. Also, my niece Katherine since she's a vet.
- Who would make the other carry their bags on a shopping spree and why did you pick them?
Sparky, because he's used to carrying mine. Normally, I would say Beast, but he's in no shape to be carrying anything at all.
- Who would throw the first person of[f] the boat and why did you pick them?
Hmm. Can I have my brother do this? He's good at pissing people off--maybe the other person will just jump.
- Who would be the best caregiver when someone got sick & why did you pick them?
Guess that would be Julie, who is a nurse and nursing supervisor.
- Who would try to force the another to play sports with them & why did you pick them?
Todd. No contest. He's always messing around doing something sports-related: golf, softball, football, soccer....
- Who would have the best holiday ideas for your space on the island and why did you pick them?
Carolyn because she's constantly over-compensating in areas like this, and she's literally the only person I know who would carry through doing this regardless of what anyone else is doing.
- Who would need to clean out someone others stuff to make room for their own & why did you pick them?
Whoever jumped overboard to avoid my brother won't be needing any space, but I'm not sure would be good at packing up their stuff. Maybe Librarian T? She would just get on with it.
- Who worries about how they will look when they’re older & why did you pick them?
My sister Marie because it's all she talks about these days.
- Flashes everyone when they walk by after taking a shower alone & why did you pick them?
Marie's husband Jan, because given any encouragement whatsoever he'd totally be doing this IRL. He's such a fucktard.
- Who wakes you to asks weird questions in the middle of the night & why did you pick them?
Oh goodie, I get to include Rachel, without whom this meme wouldn't be complete. She and Annie would conspire to do this, as they have done in the past. :D
- Who will constantly ask you “what are you thinking about?” & why did you pick them?
I don't think I know anyone who does this, except me. Maybe Gail?
- Which of your friends on this island might being too touchy-feely while you interact, why did you pick them?
Aside from Jan? There are some patrons who verge on creepiness, but otherwise I don't think there is anyone I hang out with that's any more touchy-feely than I'm comfortable with. Because I probably wouldn't hang out with them then, eh?