Saturday, January 21, 2017

14 de la folie

(Found here)
Stared 1/7/17, 6 p.m.

1301. Can “what you don't know” actually hurt you? Yes. Yes it can. Ignorance is not (always) bliss.

1302. Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Since I'm not really pondering--hence the decision to start working on this--and since I have no idea what the person writing this was pondering when she wrote it....No.

1303. What people or objects would you describe as “pure”? Newborns of most species. Clarified chemicals and foods. Actually, I don't use this word much, I don't think.

1304. Are you into bookcrossing (If you aren’t sure, check out www.bookcrossing.com)? I wasn't even aware they were still around. I like the theory, but I've never seen a labeled book "in the wild" and I'm nowhere near organized enough to do the work behind this.

1305. Have you ever had a pen pal? Yup. Vickie P. and Kim R. and Kristina A. I stalk around Facebook once in awhile looking for them but they all have ridiculously common last names. And being women, they may not even use those names anymore, OR live where I used to write them. One was from NYC, so that's just unlikely. I also wrote to people from Sweden, Japan and Brazil for awhile. And a friend of a boyfriend--that was weird. I've lost track of both the boyfriend (another ridiculously common name) and his friend (can't remember his name).

1306. Have you ever had a package pal (same as a pen pal but you send each other surprise gifts instead of letters)? I think that's what the Brazilian and Japanese people thought they were getting. I have stuff they sent me. I only sent letters.

1307. Is there a particular word or phrase that annoys you? Nyoo-kyoo-lur in speech. And definately in writing.

1308. Is there an online game you like to play? I play a few games, mostly word games and sudoku. Also Fives and Two Dots. I'd love to play The Sims or something similar, but haven't been motivated enough to pay or figure it out online.

1309. What group of people is the most discriminated against in your opinion or experience? Overall, I'd say children.

1310. What do you like best about bras and underwear? This time of year, any extra layers of clothing are welcome.

1311. Are you afraid of living in oblivion? Nope. I like Oblivion, aside from lack of scenery.

1312. Before you were born you got to pick your life from one of these. Which do you pick?
--You are successful from the start, a musical genius, good looking, wealthy. You become a rock star, get super famous, make your mark on the world and die at 27. Nope.
--You are caring and compassionate. You love animals and adopt more and more as you grow older. You foster and nurture and care for them all of your life. I could do this, but I'd like to stipulate that I'm not going to become a crazy cat lady.
--You sit home playing video games for 70 years. Nope. And yet the mostly likely outcome in reality.

1313. What is broken in your:
Car? I have a rattle in the back seat that makes me crazy. It's only there sometimes, and after multiple searches by multiple people it's still completely unidentified. Not broken, just irritating. The rest of my car works fine. It could use a good vacuuming....
School? I am no longer in school, nor do I live close enough to most of those I attended to know what's going on. My college has some issues, but they're in the midst of transitioning to a new president, in whom I have some hope.
House? There's still this stupid pipe in the laundry room....it works but it's in a stupid place. Nothing is broken per se but there are some things that need tightening, repainting, sanding, etc.
Life? My diet and weight are the things that immediately spring to mind.
Soul? Honestly, my soul is in a good place. The trick is keeping it there and on an even keel.
Brain? I'm noticing some signs that I'm getting old, but in general it's still clicking along pretty well.

1314. Which one will you fix first? I'm trying very hard to put my health first this year. {she says as she throws another gummy worm in her mouth...sigh}

1315. Tell me all your thoughts on [G]od: Nope. I have several--many in fact--thoughts on God, but I doubt rather strongly that anyone wants to read them on a meme blog. Suffice to say that I think I finally have internalized that God's love for me is real and despite my many failings.

1316. What is the strangest note you've ever received? I got some doozies from my first full-time boss. She was a nutjob with paranoid tendencies. One I remember finding first thing one morning was on the staff schedule board and said something like, "You are doing a good job trying, but you're not going to break me." WTF?

1317. Of the following how many can be used to get in touch with you?
Phone Yup, landline or cell or work.
Beeper No. People still have these?
Voice mail Yup, all three phones have vm.
Email I have at least three email addys. OK, I can think of two others that I use sometimes, but rarely check for incoming mail.
Cell phone Yup.
Snail mail I'll get it eventually. Probably better to send it to my p.o. box in town than my home, though, since the local post office seems to be more of a hobby than an actual job for the employees.

1318. Are you always available/easy to reach, or do you give people a chance to miss you? I give people LOTS of opportunities to not reach me. I'm not overly social, tbh.

1319. If you got pregnant or impregnated the person you are with now (hypothetical if there is no one in your life just now) would you lean more towards keeping, adopting out, or aborting the baby? If I got pregnant right now, my former OB/GYN has a lot of questions to answer FIRST. And some heated discussions with God as well.
In all seriousness, I don't know what I'd do. I mean, I'm 53. This is not how I want to spend the next 20 years!

1320. If your partner in the pregnancy did not agree with how you felt and pressured you to change your mind or just went ahead with what he or she wanted to do against your wishes, would that affect your ability to continue your relationship with this person? Well, of course it would! A pregnancy isn't just a "difference of opinion."

1321. Who should have the final say in the decision to have a baby, the woman or the man? Until men start getting pregnant and producing milk after the child's birth, this is really a layup shot: the woman.

1322. If your boyfriend or girlfriend cheats on you for the first time, do you forgive him or her and take him or her back? I ... do not know the answer to this. Years ago, I would have said I'd kick him to the curb. I no longer feel as if I know how I would react in every circumstance, since I've been proven wrong in my experiences over the last 3 years.

1323. What if it is your husband or wife that cheats on you? All the same as above. I just assumed it was "committed relationship" cheating. If it was serious-dating-with-cheating, I'd probably just quit him.

1324. Who is more responsible for educating children, parents or schools? Parents are responsible to see that their children are educated. Schools are the tools that do the educating in some instances. They are NOT THE PARENTS!

1325. Are you into [N]ew [A]ge things? Perhaps. Some. I'm not automatically against New Things.

1326. Are you very:
Nervous? At times. More than I'd like to admit.
Anxious? Yes. Over the last 18 or so months, I've discovered the "joy" of massive anxiety attacks. I'm not a fan.
High strung? I would never call myself this! That means I should probably look a little closer and see if it might be true.
Organized? In some areas, yes. In other areas, absolutely not!
Tense? Not like I used to be. I traded in tense for anxious. Not such a great idea, honestly.
Rigid? More than I'd like to be, but less than most people my age. I think.
Skeptical? Huh. Yeah.

1327. Do you perceive reality differently from others? EVERYONE perceives reality their own way. Reality is just a widely-agreed-upon construct anyway.
How? Unconsciously, I'm certain the universe revolves around me. Intellectually, I know that's not true, but it's so easy to slide into that way of thinking. Of course, if I'm the center of things, that means that you over there thinking YOU'RE the center...well, you're wrong.

1328. If you asked someone, “Do you masturbate?” and he or she says, “No,” would you assume he or she was lying? I would never ask anyone that question nor make assumptions about their answer. What the hell!! Frankly, if I asked that question, I'd start running--mostly like the answer's going to involve a smackdown!

1329. What do you blame things on? What I want people to think I do: The World Is Weird. Honest answer: Everyone else. Reality: Some of it's my fault; most of it is not.

1330. Do you want to be naked and famous? Uh no. And you should be glad that my answer is that.

1331. Ice Cube or LL Cool J? LL, omg, so hawt. Ice Cube's got the nutz tho.

1332. What are your feelings about rap music? Some of it's good. Much of it is crap.

1333. Cypress Hill or Roxy Music? Uhm. Neither?

BSB or N'sync or NKOTB? If pressed, 'NSync because I was just the wrong age for NKOTB--too old to fully do the fangirl thing and too young to relax and enjoy the songs.

Debbie Gibson or Paula Abdul? Ca. 1988: Paula. Today: Debbie.

Eminem or Kid Rock? Well, there's a match made in heaven. As a guilty pleasure, I enjoy both of them.

Weezer or the Get Up Kids? I've never heard of the latter but I'm not a huge fan of Weezer, either.

1334. If you could solve just one of the world's problems what would you choose to solve? In the past, I would've said something different, but post-election I have to back up and say that we all need to STFU and listen to each other.

1335. Would you make a good:
Counselor? Ironically, I was recently told that I would make a good counselor, and by someone who kind of would know what makes a good one.
Visual artist? Hmm, no? I don't know. If I had some training--and interest--I might be teachable, but I'm not much of a natural artist.
Teacher? Yeah.
Pilot? I don't think that would be a good idea. I'm prone to freak-outs.
Secretary? I've done the job. I could do it again. It's not something I really want to do, though.
Cashier? See answer re Secretary, except there are days when this is probably about the amount of responsibility I want.
Waiter or waitress? Nope. I've done it--fookin' hard work. No thanks.
Veterinary assistant? I could do this on good days. I could not do it on days when the animal is too sick/badly injured/old to save.
Office manager? To a certain extent I do this already and it's not my favorite part of my job.
Stage manager? A.K.A. mom. Got it.
Actor or actress? Every damn day.
Sales girl or guy? Nope. Just nope.
Pizza delivery girl or guy? Well, my driving record is pretty clean, but I'm not sure I'd love dealing with people while standing on their front porches.
Film director? No, thank you for a million reasons.
Business man or woman? I would not fit in in Corporate America in any way for very long.
CEO? Sure. I can be a boss. Don't have to do anything as far as I can tell.....
Surgeon? I would get too hung up on the personal side of this job to be able to focus on the mechanics of surgery. But I would LOVE to be present during surgery.
Fire man or woman? Uhm, firefighter you mean? Yeah, no. My brother did this. I don't have the body strength or lack of (uhhhh) intelligence about running into burning buildings.
Cop? Nope.
Gotta stop 7:22 p.m.

FINALLY back on 1/21 5:53 p.m.

1336. Do you check condoms to see if they are expired before using them? Uh... No? Not anymore?
1337. Imagine you are in school and a person of the opposite sex you barely know asks you really nicely for a ride home from class (yes, you have a car). It's out of your way. Do you say yes? Sure. Knowing me in high school, though, I'd then proceed to drive straight into a tree.
Let's say you said yes. S/he hugs you. What is your reaction? "Get in the car, please." I'd be mortified.
As you drop him or her off s/he hugs you again and thanks you for being such a nice person. What do you make of all this? This would simply never happen. All of this. From the car on....

1338. Are you interested in post-apocalyptic (post-nuclear war) movies? Not really, nope.

1339. What is the saddest movie you ever saw? Shoah.

1340. What is the saddest thought you can think of? Oh hell no. Yesterday we swore in one of least qualified people in the country as President of the United States, and gave him the nuclear codes. Isn't that bad enough?

1341. Who is the most horrible driver you know? Hmm. I don't know.

1342. Are you a sexist in any way? Yup. Anyone who answers questions like this with a "no" probably needs to re-examine her life.

1343. How often do you check your email? At least once an hour when I'm awake and connected to the net.

1344. How often do you check your diary for notes? I don't even know what this means, so... never.

1345. If you had to read a biography about someone, who would you pick? Right now I'm thinking I might should pick up Hidden Figures on which the movie was based.

1346. Which of your friends and relatives has the most interesting life story? I work with someone whose father was a well-known anthropologist who took all the kids on digs when they were children. She's traveled all over the world, lived overseas for awhile, had a British nanny. And so on.

1347. What's the matter with kids today? Not a thing that wasn't once wrong with us when we were their age.

1348. How do you feel about censorship? It's agin my religion. No, seriously, I work in a library, I'm strongly against censorship and I take to heart the recommendation from graduate school about trying to make sure that at least 20% of my library collection is personally repellent to me. The section I buy for is religion, so that's pretty easy to accomplish: some Joel Osteen, a little Opus Dei, militant Zionist theology, ridiculous LDS offshoots written by penitentiary residents, and a big sprinkle of woo-woo New Age-y stuff and I'm set. :)

1349. What was on the last CD you burned? I haven't done this in eons. I'm not even sure we still have blank CDs around here. ... Come to think of it, it was probably when we took a record from the library's archives and moved it over to CD. I think it was a piano recital, if I recall correctly. It was in very rough shape.

1350. What movie should be released on DVD but hasn’t been released yet? Who knows? This is totally not something I keep track of.

1351. Have you ever wished for wings that work? Nah. I am more likely to wish to be invisible.

1352. Have you ever imagined that you are not really of this world? Yup. Wishful thinking.

1353. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? Heh. Yeah. A few.

1354. Do you still have imaginary friends? Why? Have they been talking??

1355. Do you enjoy reading children’s books? Sometimes. If they aren't stupid.

1356. Are you decadent? Pahdon me whilst I pop another bonbon in my mouth.... ahem, no.

1357. What would make you happy that money cannot buy? The end of child abuse.

1358. What would make you happy that money can buy? A job for Beast.

1359. Where do you hang out on your spare time? Right here on the couch.

1360. Do you delight in minor euphoria? what the fuck.......?

1361. It's (what time is it?) ______. 6:48 p.m.

Do you know where your:
Mom is? Yup. Right next to Dad.
Dad is? Yup. Right next to Mom.
First boyfriend or girlfriend is? Vaguely. Somewhere in Denver. I could ask his brother; we're Facebook friends.
Boy or girlfriend is? My husband is across the room, as usual.
Best friend is? In their respective homes, I would assume.
Soul mate is? If I believed in this, it would be the same answer as the husband question.
Wallet is? In the car, where it lives.

1362. Who do you feel sorry for? People with hate and paranoia in their hearts. What a horrible way to spend life.

1363. What will you never say in front of your parents? Pretty much everything at this point.
Or nothing.

1364. Do you change your personality and behavior depending on who you are with? Of course. I try not to, but sometimes it's hard.

1365. Are you waiting for marriage to lose your virginity? Not so much anymore.

1366. What year were you born? The same year Kennedy was shot.

1367. What is your sign? Scorpio.

1368. What year did you/will you graduate from high school? The year a reigning Pope visited the U.K. for the first time ever.

1369. Do you use moisturizer? Nope. Though looking at my face shows some very dry spots.

1370. On what parts of your body? Oh, I use lotion on my legs and all over really all winter.

1371. Are the 70's back in style? Somewhere. Sure.

1372. Do you read any magazines? Ms., Entertainment Weekly, P.E.O., and occasionally random others.

1373. Do you read before going to sleep at night? Usually.

1374. Are you a music maker? I whistle. I sing. I hum. I drum on my desk. Good enough?

1375. Are you a dreamer of the dreams? Oh hell yeah. I'm a big fan of my dreams. Usually, they're just so weird.

1376. How do you feel about large corporations? I'm not a fan. Don't get me started.

1377. How do you feel about people who are, “just doing their job”? STFU and step off.

1378. Which would you watch of these choices:
Pitch Black Nope.
The Mummy Nope.
Pretty Woman I'd watch this again. It's been 20 years since I saw it. I wonder if it'll hold up.

1380. About what percent of the time do you feel good about yourself? More than I used to. Still probably not a healthy amount, however.

1381. Do you feel comfortable with other people (in social situations)? Sometimes. Up to a point.

1382. Do you have good friends/family relationships? Yeah, in general.

1383. How do you control your tension and anxiety? Eating. Deep breathing. Reciting the serenity prayer over and over. Walking/Moving/Distracting myself.

1384. Are you able to meet the demands of life and function in society? Some of the time I'm ok.

1385. Do you curb your feelings of hatred and guilt? Well, yeah, or I'd be locked up!

1386. Do you maintain a positive outlook? I try.

1387. Does knowing you enrich the lives of others? Perhaps. You'd be better off asking others rather than me.

1388. What things do you cherish? Friendship, loyalty, laughter, babies, life.

1389. To what extent do you value diversity? On what scale? I like change.

1390. What fascinates you? Things I don't understand.

1391. Do you appreciate nature? Yeah.

1392. If you could be someone else for a day who would you be? Someone younger in a much warmer place than here, where the sun is shining.

1393. Would you ever consider 'psychic surgery' if you were ill? PSYCHIC? No. What? No.

How about voodoo? No.

Herbal remedies? Depends on my diagnosis.

1394. How effective do you feel meditation is? It's helpful to relax. Meditation is good if it achieves that purpose.

1395. How effective do you feel prayer is? See above, but I find it helpful to talk about something other than myself all the time.

1396. How do you think that you (or anyone, for that matter) could pray without ceasing? Through your actions.

1397. Is religion a live option for you (that is, a possibility, something you are drawn to even if you have no belief)? Very much so.

1398. What part of your body do you lavish the least attention and love on? The middle of my back. I mean, I can't really reach it.

1399. How many clocks are in your house? Something like 15. It's a little ridiculous.

1400. What topics would you like to see more of on this survey? Can they just not be aimed at teenagers? Those are the only ones I just hate.

Done 7:34 p.m.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.