Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Here-to-Serve 16 Questions

1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?
I work with mostly women. I hate to be sexist, but gossip is EV'rywhere there. I'm pretty much over it, have been for years, but I really hate being lied to. That's been a peeve of mine since high school when my bestiest friend--with whom I'd been friends for a decade at that point--suddenly began to spout ridiculous lies about everything imaginable. Her parents were going through a rough patch, had separated, and I thought at the time the lying was a reaction to that. I still think so, but anyway, the lying drove me nuts. It was just pointless: dates she didn't go on, guys she hooked up with (that she did not, and no, I didn't ask the guys--I knew), prizes she won, diseases she'd been diagnosed with.... She eventually stopped, but I should've paid closer attention: she let me down over and over since then, a couple of times were just enormously hurtful things.
Wow. OK, moving on with my life now. :)
2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, Dunkin’Donuts?
I don't drink coffee in any version, I don't like hot chocolate, and frankly I'd rather have a bottle of pop over high-priced tea.
3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good).
Hmm. There are SO MANY from which to choose... I've been reliving that awesome moment in 4th grade lately, when we were playing some tag game in gym class and I ran full-tilt into the side of the school (which was home base) because I was watching behind me to see if I was going to get tagged. Bam, knee first into bricks. I'm pretty sure I bounced. I know the gym teacher had at least two other kids walk me to the nurse's office. I think I probably whacked my head too, but I don't remember that, just all the blood on my leg and the resulting scar. And the total mortification of being such a klutz. A young (teenaged) friend of mine attempted a major league move in gym class last week that ended up with his nose meeting at full tilt. He had to have surgery Friday.
4. Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them?
Yes. The worse the behavior the harder to ask.
4. Who do you wish you could meet?
I'm really hoping that once the Obamas get back to my neck of the woods, I have an opportunity to meet Michelle. Or at least perhaps hear her speak live.
5. Best food comes from which country?
Whichever one you're in at the time. Fresh is truly best.
6. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations?
Both have their place in day-to-day life. I probably lean toward preferring deep conversations, but I'm easy.
7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
Those feeling unwelcome in the U.S. these days.
8. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
All the advice I listen to involves words like "detachment," "compartmentalization," "let go, let God," or "checking in." All good advice, and mostly stuff I listen to and try to put into practice.
9. How often do you get real sick?
"Real" sick? Not very often, thank goodness.
10. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few very close friends?
Yep.
11. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?
I would happy to knock Parkinson's Disease right off the list of Horrifying Things That the Body Does.
12. What was your favorite book of 2016?
I've read some great books this year. The best non-fiction was Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint by Nina Bolz-Weber. Best fiction...is harder...but I'll go with The Home for Wayward Clocks, by Kathie Giorgio.
13. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?
Surviving. Growing, even.
14. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor", would you go?
Not even on a guarantee of BILLION-dollar prize.
15. Which is worse? Shopping for Jeans or a bathing suit?
I don't own, and probably will never again own, a swimsuit, so the default answer has to be jeans. But they aren't that big of a deal to shop for, because (again) I'm not fussy.
16. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? [editor's note: I haven't got a clue as to what this question means either. That's why it's perfect...]
Both of my grandmothers lived well into their 90s. If that's even close to a coherent interpretation of this question.
And a Merry Question #4 to all!

1 sweet-talkers :

Unknown said...

Back in my working day, there was nothing worse than office gossip. I heard more things about myself (because it always comes back to you) that never happened or was never said. I just ignored it My mother used to say.."if they're talking about you, they're leaving someone else alone"..LOL

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.