Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Hello (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
I've got a smart phone, and I'm addicted to it. Not sure what we're going to do when we're overseas!!
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
I literally NEVER unplug my chargers from the wall. So, no. I'm actually embarrassed by the amount of electricity we could save by doing some very basic things. Oh well...the time for that may be coming.
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up?
I called Beast yesterday morning to see about meeting up for lunch. He picked up.
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea1? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
Rarely. In the winter, sometimes. I'll drink more tea in the next month than I will for the remainder of 2016!
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?
I am trying to do so. Today was NOT a good day in that department....sigh.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?"
I'm sure I said it to someone at work today. Like many American women, I over-apologize. The last time I meant it was yesterday when I did the usual "open mouth, insert foot" thing at the aforementioned lunch date.
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?
See #5.
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?
Not in public, but my card was rejected over the phone while buying Sparky's college laptop 5 years ago this summer (too big a charge which triggered the hold). And a few weeks ago again--with an out-of-state attorney--the card was held because of "suspicious" activity. Clearly I need to send more money to out-of-state attorneys. THAT was embarrassing!
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?
In retrospect, it was fairly clean. The routine was that every Saturday morning was housecleaning day. Mom did the laundry and the rest of the house while I was stuck in my room all morning supposedly tidying and so forth. I wasn't THAT messy, but I didn't exactly kill myself cleaning most days. Once we ate lunch, I was free to do other activities. Mostly that meant going to the mall with Mom and then the library. What the hell did we need at the mall EVERY BLOODY WEEK!?!

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I went to the mall all the time, too, but I would've hated going with my mom. My teen years came before Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but that was the general idea. Go to the mall to see and be seen ... NOT with my mom!

Cat. said...

Yes the mall was ultra-70s. The one by our house was "the biggest in the world" at that time, so I suspect for mom it was pretty much like a free amusement park. We rarely bought much.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That was my "What??" Just for kicks. Our old flip phone took such good photos that I begged to keep it until the last charger finally broke. An that is so true about so many American women. Why can't we be like the Italians?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.