Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Two Thousand Zero Zero Party Over Oops Out of Time
  1. What’s your favorite song from 1999?
  2. It's kind of a toss-up between "Unpretty" and "Livin' La Vida Loca." I had no idea it's been 17 years since Ricky-Mania started! I've got the Shania CD too, and it got played A LOT!!
  3. What are some of your favorite films from 1999?
  4. I can recall seeing precisely three of the movies on that list: Phantom Menace, Matrix, and Toy Story 2, and I think only one of those in a theater. One was a giant yawn, one was pretty funny, and the third was deeper than I ever thought that kind of movie could be.
  5. What’s something interesting that happened on your birthday in 1999?
  6. u>On my birthday, not much. Beast's birthday is soon after mine, and there was all kinds of stuff on his: collapsing people-killing bonfires, non-fatal plane crashes, and an international call for peace in Chechnya. Between our two birthdays, Neopets were introduced!!
  7. How did you ring in the new year as 1999 became 2000?
  8. We stayed home, of course, and Sparky tried his hardest to last till midnight. He did ok for an almost-seven-year-old and lasted till about 11 before crashing in the papa-san chair in the living room. I have an awesome photo of him somewhere in his Winnie-the-Pooh slippers and jammies, comatose at the beginning of the new year.
  9. What’s something that’s gotten better since 1999?
  10. Internet speed.
I miss Prince so much....sigh....

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I forgot about that catchy Shania album.

onebadscrivener said...

"Livin' La Vida Loca" was one of my favorite karaoke songs that year. Totally forgot about that one!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.