Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Stealing:

(Link in meme-roll)
The Controversial Questions Meme

1. Would you do a recreation[al] drug if all were legalized? (Not a “for or against” question…)
If it were prescribed and controlled, then yes. What I fear about recreational drugs is the non-standardization more than anything else. God knows what's been put in that baggie with the weed!
2. Are you happy that the U.S. Supreme Court once again upheld a woman’s right to abortion?
Yes. And to be clear: they affirmed that it is MY RIGHT to decide what happens in my body, and no one else's. I don't need anyone's permission to make medical decisions. AND to be clearer: this doesn't mean that I'd actually GET an abortion. Well, I wouldn't now, for sure, because I can't get pregnant, but yeah....even way back.
3. Would our country cope any differently with a woman president?
Probably about as well as we've "coped with" a non-white president. YMMV
4. Do you believe in the death penalty?
Not really. It's never been proven to be a deterrent and it is so unevenly applied to mostly minority and poor defendants that I think it's dangerous.
5. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
There are "already" places it has been, duh. And yeah. See question #1 above. Regulate it, tax it, and make it boring.
6. Do you believe in God?
Yup. Mostly. Except when I'm being combative.
7. How do you feel now that same-sex marriage is legalized?
Who people marry doesn't actually affect my health or well-being; does that happen to others? I'm very happy that people who love each other can announce their relationship to the world and share the benefits that legally are attendant to that. Mostly because I have enough issues of my own to deal with: I do not need to solve other people's perceived problems as well. Happier people make for a better society, anyway.
8. Do you think it’s wrong that so many Hispanics are moving to the USA?
Oh jeebus pete, hell, for crying out loud. No. I think too many STUPID people have already taken up residence, so I'm quite happy in thinking maybe that ignorance will be diluted by good, hard-working people who WANT to be here!
9. A 12-year-old girl has a baby… should she keep it?
Is she in any way related to me? ... No? Well, then it's none of my business at all, is it? [If she were my daughter et al., we'd have to have some serious discussions of what her life was going to entail if she brought a baby into the house--it would suck balls, frankly, for everyone--but more importantly...how the HELL did she get pregnant?! And why?!]
10. Should the alcohol age be lowered to 18?
I'd be ok with that. It was when I turned 18 and (most of) my friends survived, as did I. When it went up to 19 a year later, it was right after I turned 19. And then in two years I was grandfathered in when it rose to 21. It's ridiculous, frankly, to think that 18-year-olds aren't drinking.
11. Should the wars in Middle East be called off?
I don't see how you can "call off" a war. It's not like a soccer game, is it? It would be nice if the people in the area could be left alone for a decade or two in order to sort their shit out amongst themselves. In my lifetime, there has never been peace there. That's sad.
No 12.

13. Do you believe in spanking your children?
I have spanked my son. Surprisingly, it does hurt the spanker as well as the spankee! So I didn't do it much, and I didn't do it for good reasons most of the time, so it was pretty futile.
14. A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case… what do you think?
I think we can all agree that a parent who kills their children is insane and needs help. Whether we agree that that excludes them from prison is really the issue. I don't know. I just feel so very sad for EVERYONE in situations like this, including the offending parent--while also being very angry, of course. There are no winners, no matter what the legal outcome is.
15. Would you want to prosecute someone for burning their country’s flag as a method of protest?
Nope. This is such a dorky thing to get worked up about. I mean, it's FABRIC for crying out loud. We do far more damage to our country every day we ignore the Constitution. The flag is beside the point.
16. It’s between you and a person who is being kept alive (with NO hope) by life support machines… one has to die? Who?
Dude on life support has got to go, sorry. Easy choice. If it were ME in that situation, I would hope it would be just as easy a decision. Pull the plug.
17. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I have no doubt that these questions will provoke some interesting answers. I'm eager to see what people say. Will I judge people for their replies? Probably. Do I expect others to have opinions on my opinions? Sure. But I'm not going to fret.
Or argue in the comments. So I will be attentive with the delete button if necessary. Pretend you're in my living room having the discussion.

1 sweet-talkers :

Stacy said...

You answered #14 very well, I think. It is such a sad situation. No one wins, no matter how it's handled.

I can't say I'm in agreement on your other answers, maybe a little on a couple of them, but that's okay. We all get an opinion, that's what's great about America.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.