Saturday, July 2, 2016

Just nuts, part 8

(Found here)
started 19:05 7/1

701. What is your favorite mixed drink?
There are days when I would literally kill someone for a vodka tonic. But I haven't had one since October.

702. When answering these questions are you often pulled in different directions, as if committing to one answer eliminates the possibility for all others?
Well, only if I'm really overthinking things, which is rare. Sometimes, on multiple choice questions, none of the answers really fit though.

703. Chicken Mesala, Pasta Primavera, Veal Cutlet Parmesan or Linguini with Clam Sauce?
So that first one isn't EVEN Italian: Chicken mAsala is Indian. Chicken mARsala is Italian. I'll have veal.

704. If you were alone in your friend's house/room/apartment would you look in their drawers and notebooks?
Nope. Well, ok I might go through a kitchen cupboard looking for a glass if I got thirsty....

705. What would you really like to do but you don't because you are afraid of getting caught?
I'm not so much afraid of getting caught as I am afraid of going to jail. Or getting fired. So I keep my mouth shut at work, and increasingly, elsewhere.

706. Of the following, which word best describes you: responsible, spontaneous, tactful, uninhibited. Spontaneous, I guess. I have my responsible moments too.

707. Which band would you most likely check out? The Smiths (indi-pop 80's-90's), The Lords of Acid (acid/house/dance 90's), Front 242 (80's-90's industrial/dance)
If it's in person, none. If it's on Spotify, I'll check them all, but I'm most like to keep listening to the latter, I think.

708. How can one put an end to procrastination, as a bad habit?
hmmm....
Let me get back to you on that.....

709. What feature would you want on your car that is not currently offered?
I would be thrilled to find out there was a "self-cleaning" feature!

710. What kind of poetry speaks to you?
Good poetry. Nothing high-flying or fancy, though I don't mind good fancy poetry. There's just SO MUCH crap out there!

711. What is your favorite store that is open 24 hours?
Uhm?
Walgreen's? Ours is a 24-hour which is handy in emergencies.

712. Do you find that sleep is just so much sleepier when you are supposed to be doing something else?
Heh. No. I have weaned myself off the guilt-insomnia trip.

713. Do you also find that the books you chose are so much more luscious when you have a stack of actual assignments that you should be reading?
Well, I rarely have "assignments" but yes, reading instead of working is always a little bit sweeter.

714. If you have had the chance to compare the original 5000 Question Survey to this edited version, what is your opinion?
There's ANOTHER one of these?!?!?!

715. What's the most creative answer you can think of for 'what is black and white and red all over'?
I watch way too many crime shows and read FAR FAR too many murder mysteries to answer this in a public forum.

716. Why do people slow down on the highway when they pass a cop car pulling someone else over?
Guilty conscience. And stupidity. I mean, if you aren't doing anything wrong, don't slam on the bloody brakes!!

717. Are they afraid that the cop will STOP pulling over whoever he is pulling over and pull them over instead?
I don't think there's a lot of thinking going on.

718. It's daddy's birthday. What do you get him?
This question is creepy on so many levels. And my dad is dead, and hated birthdays, so I think a wave towards the sky will suffice in November.

719. What's your 5,000 question survey nickname?
Look at the word next to the 2nd letter of your first name
A anything but
B bubblicious
C captivating
D deadly
E erotic
F funky
G greasy
H heaps of
I indie
J jelly
K kinetic
L lasher
M Mr. (or Mrs.)
N neglected
O ogre-like
P parading
Q quacking
R Rico
S stinky
T the one and only
U uber
V Velcro
W wishing for
X x-tra
Y yearning for
Z zoobalee

Now take the first letter of your last name.
A aardvarks
B baboo
C creme pie
D drag queen
E eggbert
F flex
G god
H hell
I Isabelle
J juice
K kisses
L lightning
M mannish boys
N nice
O octopi
P porcupines
Q q-bert
R rainbows
S suave
T tushy
U underwear
V valor
W weenie
X xtc
Y yohimbe
Z zipper
Put the two words together for your nickname.
Using my online name, it's Anything But Suave. And that's just perfect in every way.

720. You know that shaky feeling that you get when it's all coming to a climax, and everyone involved is breaking into the good kind of cold sweat, working as individuals and at the same time as a single force of energy, and it all meshes together, and for a brief moment, you're holding your breath and tingling all over, and after it's done you're on an explosive and dizzying high for the rest of the night?
What does that feeling come from?
Adrenaline.

721. How many of your teachers can you imagine drinking or doing drugs on the weekends?
My teachers from 35+ years ago? Probably some of them. I have no illusions.

722. Do you like Alice in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass?
Yes. Alice is one of my favorite books. The sequel not so much, but I do enjoy re-reading them both.

723. Write a question and answer it here.
Why aren't there more new episodes of true-medical shows? I don't know, probably legal issues, but it's really annoying seeing people from 1991 over and over!!

724. Who is your favorite playwright?
Well, of course, Shakespeare.

725. What movie has come out recently that you couldn’t have less interest in?
All of them! There's literally not one in the theaters now that I care about at all!

726. What would the worst movie ever be about?
Someone's actual daily life: get up, shower, eat, go to work...etc. YAWN

727. Do you like truffles?
Only the chocolate kind. ;-)

Do you like Turkish delight?
Ooh, yes!! It's hard to find here though!

728. Can you tell the difference between a transvestite and a real woman?
Can you be more of a general pain in the brain? Seriously. Have you ever met either of these mythical creatures?

729. What's funnier, plants or fire extinguishers?
Uhm...? Neither?

730. For question 720 did you write down sex?
Nope.
You pervert, I was thinking of musical theater.
Weird! SO WAS I!!

731. Which is better, leopard print or plaid?
Fookin' PLAID!

732. What would you consider ordinary?
What? Ordinary what? For whom? Wow, these questions are really random and not in a good way.

733. What is out of the ordinary?
For me, especially at work, not very much! So far no shooting, so let's say that (and keep it that way).

734. Do you ever watch COPS?
I have spent a lot of hours watching it, but not very recently. It's sort of depressing.

735. Is there always room for j - e - l - l - o?
Room, yes. Interest, not really, not always.

736. If you had your own TV show, what kind of show would you make it?
Comedy, and I'd hire a shit-ton of funny people.

737. Do you know how heavy things like airplanes stay in the air?
Physics.
And prayer.

738. When do you act the most dramatic?
When I'm panicking.

739. Are you one of those people who have, "see photo id,” written on the back of their credit cards?
Nope. That is just stupid.

740. It's mom’s birthday. What do you get her?
I don't know but it better not be a combined birthday-Christmas gift!! (her birthday was two days off) But since she's gone too, I'll send her a wave too.

741. What celebrity has pretty much disappeared leaving you wondering 'where are they now'?
All the ones I can't actually remember right now. ;-)

742. Would you get angry if you and your girl/boyfriend saw the preview for a movie and talked about seeing it together and then they saw it with one of their friends while you were busy?
Nope.

743. How many people do you think will finish this whooooooole survey?
Only the insane ones.

744. Have you ever written a message, sealed it in a bottle and thrown it into a river/lake/ocean?
Nope. Don't live near a big enough body of water, and it just really hasn't occurred to me when I'm visiting.

745. If you haven't would you want to?
It might be kind of fun...especially if someone found it and responded.

746. If you ever did what would you write?
Probably just my name and email address and something silly about writing back.

747. What do you wish you could always be protected from?
Fear.

748. What small thing annoys you so much it should be a crime?
Fireworks every bloody day for the two weeks around the 4th of July.

749. Would you rather watch a video of fish in a tank, or the Yule log on TV?
Yule log. Watching fish makes me kind of motion sick. This is not good, as we have a giant fish tank at work that I literally NEVER look in so I don't get queasy!

Time to head out for a meeting 19:40
Back at it 7/2 19:50


750. Is it better to be loved or feared?
Loved. Though there are certainly times as a parent that fear was what I was heading for. Because danger!

751. What causes you to panic?
Judging by this week? Work. Worry. ... everything?

752. Do you believe that you have a strong personality?
I do have a strong personality. It's not a belief; it's truth. I'm overwhelming to some people.

753. When Jesus saves souls...does he trade them in for valuable prizes?
Well, that's a great mental picture: Jesus at the heavenly Chuck E Cheese trading in human souls for plastic crap. Yay for him!

754. What resolutions would you make if it were New Years?
I don't really do resolutions. I just try to get through another day at a time.

755. Why wait?
This is a question for the ages indeed.

756. Do you feel like time is on your side or working against you?
I'm 52.5 so I'm pretty sure time is no longer working for me. The downhill slide has begun, and will only increase in speed looking ahead.

757. What do you do for yourself when you are down to put a little joy back into your life?
Read. Take a bath. Play a game. Do a chore that's been hanging over my head. Take a nap.

758. How much Tolkien have you read?
I read The Hobbit to Sparky when he was young. Otherwise, nada.

759. These are the songs on the radio. Which are you most likely to listen to: "Time Bomb" by Rancid, "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo, "The Sun Always Shines on TV" by A-ha, "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon, "Run" by Collective Soul
I adore Oingo Boingo! Seriously, I do. They are pure awesomeness. But I like Paul Simon an awful lot too. I think I'll skip Rancid, A-ha, and Collective Soul would be my third choice.

760. Do you believe that Jesus existed as a real person?
I do.

761. Do you believe he was the son of god?
Today my answer is yes. There are days when I'm more waffley about this question.

762. How do you feel about organized religion?
It's a misnomer, and often it's so organized that God doesn't seem to even fit in any of the cracks....

763. What sentence have you heard lately, that would sound pretty odd out of context?
On the Alaska vet promo we saw a few minutes ago: "Hey buddy! You want your balls cut off today?" I'm not sure there's a NOT odd way to hear that.

763. If you had to choose one image to be a symbol of our times, what would you pick?
People screaming at each other.

764. Name a group of people:
Mountaineers.

765. How many of them does it take to screw in a light bulb?
They don't need light bulbs in the mountains!

766. Do you like the movie The Labyrinth with David Bowie and some Muppets?
Never saw it. Not interested. A little too fey-80s for me.

767. Do you like the movie The Dark Crystal?
See previous answer.

768. Metallica or Guns N' Roses?
They each have their good points. For staying power, though, it has to be Metallica.

769. Do you follow the Chinese zodiac?
At a great distance.

770. Do you like reggae music?
I do! I really do!

771. What makes your life worth it every day?
Food. Books. People. Not really in that order. Oh, and accomplishing something positive.

772. Do you seize each day and sink your teeth into it?
Uh. ? No? That seems rather dangerous.

773. I’ve heard people say that Jim Morrison never yawned because he was just so full of life. How often do you yawn?
Far more often than he does these days.....

774. Who decides what behavior is 'crazy' or 'sane'?
The people in power, of course!

775. Who are the most inspiring artists, musicians, poets, and writers?
The green ones.
OK, I'm tired and I'm not interested in creating four lists of arty people.

776. Did anything historically significant happen in the year you were born?
Huh. Yeah. The Beatles recorded their first album. And there was a Presidential shooting/death. And I think some guy named Dr. King made a speech in Washington.

777. Besides blowing out birthday candles when do you make wishes?
I don't.

778. Are you self-sufficient?
More than I ever used to be, but I also know exactly how dependent I am on others and on God.

779. Is it better to be wanted or needed?
Wanted. It's better to have people CHOOSE to be around you instead of being FORCED to be around you, no?

780. What do you feel is an appropriate age to lose one’s virginity at?
When you are old enough to properly diagram this sentence and figure out the problems in it. grrr

781. Do you feel that the appropriate age for girls and for boys is different?
I think grammar is gender-neutral.

782. Are you a hard person to get to know?
I can be. Certainly at any depth, yes. I've become rather protective of my inner core over the years.

783. What is the craziest thing you have ever done out of anger?
I once threw a pile of garbage back at a group of drunk people who had just thrown it at me. Ironically, it was at a fireworks show about 25 years ago. Everyone in my group was horrified ("this is how fights start!") but nothing happened. I must have looked fierce.

784. What's the MOST annoying sound you can think of?
Whining.

785. What's the silliest vegetable you can think of?
Those damned animated ones in the Veggie Tales movies!! OMG I so hate them!

786. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I've seen it happen.

787. Name one thing you have referred to in the past as “better than sex”:
I've mentioned food in this context. And sleep. And peeing after an enforced and lengthy wait.

788. What do you see when you turn out the light?
Dark.

789. Do you like jazz, blues and/or swing music?
I do not like "light jazz"--it makes my teeth itch. I like New Orleans or Chicago jazz, and blues and some swing.

790. Do you prefer gold or silver jewelry?
Silver.

791. In what ways do you want your children to be like you?
I want Sparky to be tough and willing to stand up for himself and those he loves. I want him to be confident and yet humble (assuming I ever pull THAT one off!). I want him to never stop being curious about things.

792. In what ways would you want your children to be different from you?
I don't want him to be as dependent on other people's moods. I want him to get a better handle on his temper at a younger age than I did. I want him to have a dog--because he desperately has wanted one for 13 years since our puppy--his "best friend" as he called her--died. And I'm allergic. I fear he may be as well.

793. What was the scariest movie you've ever seen?
I don't watch scary movies. I can't even sit through Ben-Hur on TV for crying out loud!

794. What was the funniest movie you've ever seen?
I absolutely loved Paint Your Wagon when I saw it at the theater as a child. I literally fell off the couch laughing at Heathers on TV the first time I saw it. There are a couple of others that are amusing. Bill Murray gets me in each of his comedies.

795. What was the worst movie you've ever seen?
Snow Dogs.

796. Are you a good massage-giver?
I used to be ok, but I don't have a lot of wrist strength anymore, or stamina.

797. What is one question that no one can ever truthfully answer 'yes' to?
"Are you asleep?"

798. Is there more to this world than human beings can perceive?
Hell yes. We are really so ignorant!

799. If matter is neither created nor destroyed then is it possible that you are made up of molecules that once made up Gandhi or Jesus or Einstein?
That is just fact. We are all made of star dust, derp.

800. Are you often sarcastic?
moi?? ME?!
It's been known to happen.........

And done: 20:27

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.