Friday 5 is ten years old! To celebrate, here are one question each from the first Fridays of July in our, first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth years.
- How long would it take you, via the quickest means available, to get to the place of your birth from where you are right now?
Presuming a commercial airliner, it would be easily 4 hours, just in travel time. That doesn't count TSA, car rental at the other end, or hanging around the airport(s) waiting. If I could con a small-plane pilot to get me there, it would be much shorter: 2.5 hours? I'm 5 minutes from a small airport.
- If a traveling food show were to visit your neighborhood, what are some unique, regional foods it would spotlight, and where would it go to get them?
...I can't think of a thing that's weird around here that you can't find somewhere else. We have a turkey "festival" nearby in November that involves gonads. Otherwise, all I can think of is weird fried options at the Fair, but that's not just here. In the state-wide picture, you could hit up some deep-dish za or try a 'red-hot' or if you're further south there are always horseshoes.
- When were you last in ocean waters?
In April I stuck my feet in the Atlantic for a few minutes while we were in St. Thomas.
- What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version?
I'm relatively old-school, so I probably use a lot of "permanent" things that I'm not aware of having disposable options. However, my razor is disposable because I'm afraid of the other kind. :-)
- What’s the schwag* that’s physically closest to you right now?
I've got a pen here from the school that awarded me my Master's degree. I think that's about it. Got it at a library conference exhibit booth at some point or another.
* From Wikipedia: Promotional merchandise, promotional items, promotional products, promotional gifts, or advertising gifts, sometimes nicknamed swag or schwag, are articles of merchandise (often branded with a logo) used in marketing and communication programs. They are given away to promote a company, corporate image, brand, or event. These items are usually imprinted with a company’s name, logo or slogan, and given away at trade shows, conferences, and as part of guerrilla marketing campaigns.