Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Ten Years!
Friday 5 is ten years old! To celebrate, here are one question each from the first Fridays of July in our, first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth years.
  1. How long would it take you, via the quickest means available, to get to the place of your birth from where you are right now?
    Presuming a commercial airliner, it would be easily 4 hours, just in travel time. That doesn't count TSA, car rental at the other end, or hanging around the airport(s) waiting. If I could con a small-plane pilot to get me there, it would be much shorter: 2.5 hours? I'm 5 minutes from a small airport.
  2. If a traveling food show were to visit your neighborhood, what are some unique, regional foods it would spotlight, and where would it go to get them?
    ...I can't think of a thing that's weird around here that you can't find somewhere else. We have a turkey "festival" nearby in November that involves gonads. Otherwise, all I can think of is weird fried options at the Fair, but that's not just here. In the state-wide picture, you could hit up some deep-dish za or try a 'red-hot' or if you're further south there are always horseshoes.
  3. When were you last in ocean waters?
    In April I stuck my feet in the Atlantic for a few minutes while we were in St. Thomas.
  4. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version?
    I'm relatively old-school, so I probably use a lot of "permanent" things that I'm not aware of having disposable options. However, my razor is disposable because I'm afraid of the other kind. :-)
  5. What’s the schwag* that’s physically closest to you right now?
    I've got a pen here from the school that awarded me my Master's degree. I think that's about it. Got it at a library conference exhibit booth at some point or another.
________
* From Wikipedia: Promotional merchandise, promotional items, promotional products, promotional gifts, or advertising gifts, sometimes nicknamed swag or schwag, are articles of merchandise (often branded with a logo) used in marketing and communication programs. They are given away to promote a company, corporate image, brand, or event. These items are usually imprinted with a company’s name, logo or slogan, and given away at trade shows, conferences, and as part of guerrilla marketing campaigns.

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Goodness! Turkeys have them?
Isn't it wonderful, the feel of that salt water on toes?
Have a Happy weekend.

Cat. said...

Yeah, who'da thought, eh?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.