Saturday, February 27, 2016

Friday (or Saturday) 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Belly up to the Bar
  1. What’s the Good News?
    So, in the church where I grew up, there was a part of the service the bulletin called The Good News of God's Forgiveness. When I grew up and moved on to other churches, they were still calling this, old school, Assurance of Pardon/Forgiveness/Mercy, but for me it will always and forever be the Good News:
    "Hear the good news!
    Who is in a position to condemn?
    Only Christ,
    and Christ died for us,
    Christ rose for us,
    Christ reigns in power for us,
    Christ prays for us."
    [...and cue the Gloria Patri...]
    The interesting thing is back when church was calling it Good News, wasn't really understanding it. Now that I'm older and have some context, hearing those words creates a little burst of relief mixed with gratitude.

    And I'm done proselytizing now!
  2. When did you last Take 5, and how did you spend it?
    I spent about 15 minutes in bed this morning after I woke up working a Sudoku on my Nook--because I didn't have to get up!! Saturday, the only morning I can say that. Usually.
  3. Who’s a Big Hunk?
    In the sense of Big Hunk of Stoopid, there are far too many candidates, but the obvious one for me is Trump. In the sense of adorable gorgeousness, there are also many candidates. I kind of have to go with The Rock. I don't find him sexy, but he is definitely hunkish and quite witty.
  4. In what way has this week been a Rocky Road?
    Wednesday night into Thursday noon was not good, for all the usual (home) reasons, including my inability to STFU.
  5. What’s something you’re keeping Skor on?
    I've been trying to keep a list of all the food I'm eating for the last week, and also testing my blood glucose. It's a BLAST! /sarcasm

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I kind of enjoy The Rock.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.