- In what way are you pressing your luck?
I've been pushing the limits on my health of late. I know I need to chill my intake of sugar, but holy cats is it had. Now I'm headed of to "diabetic counseling" next week. Sigh.
- When did you last wield an iron?
An iron what? lol
Sparky got out the ironing board while he was home at Christmas to iron his 'catering shirt' for work. Otherwise, I haven't ironed in months. I've had a crowbar and some other iron tools in hand since I've ironed, in fact.
Also, my mother did call this chore "pressing" which I'd sort of forgotten. Thanks for that memory.
- Not counting buttons on your computer, tablet, or phone, what was the result the last time you pressed a button?
If I extend this to all electronics (printers, etc.) it pretty much has to be the temperature buttons in the car. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of push-buttons in my life.
- What was the name of your high school newspaper?
I had to go look at the h.s. website because I honestly have no clear memory of a student paper. It is, of course, The Pirateer.
[An aside: I'm cracking up that my original last name is quite similar to the name of another place that has The Pirateer as their paper's name.]
- To “press the flesh” means (usually in the context of politics or public relations) to meet and greet as many people as you can, shaking hands and making personal contact. When were you last called upon to press the flesh, and how were you?
I am not called upon to do this often at all. I do remember shaking hands with someone new recently, but as a rule I am the last person anyone would ask to do PR as I'm entirely too forthright to be good at it.