Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
This Year Meme

This Year:
A bad habit I'm going to break:
Popping off without thinking. I really have to get a handle on this.
A new skill I'd like to learn:
Oh, I don't know. Walking away? Managing my boss?
A person I'd like to be more like:
I'd like to get better at being my better self, honestly. Though there are several women at church who serve as good role models: Vel, Cheryl, Shel, Kel (what's with all the "l" names?), and of course there are several people in my life whose purpose seems to be primarily as reminders of what NOT to do!
A good deed I'm going to do:
I think I'll try being more mindful of starting a pay-it forward line when I'm in various drive-thrus in town.
A place I'd like to visit:
The parts of Missouri and Arkansas that were on our list for last October that had to be canceled. And maybe my nieces babies overseas.
A book I'd like to read:
I've decided that I am going to read Umberto Eco this year. First up: The Name of the Rose.
A letter I'm going to write:
I need to write Rosellen and Tom and apologize for 'outing' their news before they did it. I'm an idiot. (see the first question)
A new food I'd like to try:
I've heard that there's this kind of food group called "healthy" and I'm hoping to get better about eating it more regularly.
I'm going to do better at:
...keeping things from becoming overwhelming on the stack-and-do-later front at work and at home.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, your last answer should be my goal. My whole apartment is stack and do later. :-(

ShannonW said...

I was born and raised in Missouri...the Ozarks is beautiful.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

The Name of the Rose is probably one of the ten best books, ever, that I've read. And yes, there is a good group called "healthy". Hope you get to see those babies soon, too.
Happy New Year Cat!

Stacy said...

Yeah....I'm trying to get to know that other food group this year, too.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.