Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Salon

(Link in meme-roll)

Outside my window
... we've got high thin clouds after a night of snow and ice. It's finally behaving like proper winter after multiple days of rain. Rain, in January.
I am thankful
... for the rain, in January, but I like sun an awful lot. (That's understating things a lot.) I'm also extremely grateful for Beast's recovery from pain and surgery, and for my slow progress in getting real with myself.
I am thinking
... about Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and Sunday School snacks. Nom nom nom.
I am wearing
... a lot of green, including my Packers socks. They're going to need all the push they can get today, I think.
I am creating
... a positive attitude. I hope.
I am going
... to work today. Whee.
I am wondering
... how I'm going to manage being at work for the next 6 days. Granted, only 4 hours each today and tomorrow, but still ... work.
I am reading
Strange Maps (Frank Jacobs) -- a Christmas gift off my Amazon wishlist
The Paying Guests (Sarah Waters) -- I'm a bit bogged down in this. I'm not crazy about any of the characters and they're kind of pissing me off.
A Banquet of Consequences (Elizabeth George) -- I need to find a full day of uninterrupted time to just sit and read this behemoth. I love this series.
Last Night's Reading (Kate Gavino) -- another Christmas gift I've only barely skimmed
Everything I Never Told You (Celeste Ng) -- I've had this half-read for over a month because I ran out of time on the ebook. I'll get back to it eventually.
NFL brawler (Ralph Cindrich) -- Fun biography of an NFL player-turned-agent.
I am hoping
... for plenty of time spent on vacations this year. I got gypped in 2015.
I am learning
... to zip my lip at work, where I no longer trust most of my co-workers. It's a new feeling for me.
In the kitchen
... there is food. I haven't made a proper meal in over a week. It's been sandwiches, soup, and crackers+cheese, with mashed potatoes galore for Beast.
Around the homestead
... we still don't have that stupid gas pipe moved in the basement, after a year of pushing. The plan for last fall was to redo the countertops and floor in the kitchen, but then didn't, so that is still hanging out there. We just need to decide what we're doing and hire someone. And then clear off the counters, which will take awhile.
Quote of the day
Last night's Facebook quote was “It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.” ―William T. Sherman
A peek into my day
9:15-10:15 -- Sunday School
10:30-11:30 -- Church, or head to work
11:30-12:30 -- To work for quiet hour for cataloging or whatever
12:30-4:15 -- Work
Then home to watch the Packer game, eat leftovers, sleep

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.