Sunday, January 31, 2016

Musica musica

(found here)
Section 1: Questions About iTunes Spotify & Your Songs

How many songs total do you have?: My Starred list has 1,263 songs, the Good Stuff list has 4,017. I have a few other lists, but those are the most-used.
How many artists total do you have?: No clue. Probably several hundred.
How many playlists do you have?: 14 lists, and another 10 channels I listen to regularly.
How many music videos do you have (if any)?: Nope.
How many TV shows do you have (if any)?: Nope.
How many podcasts do you have (if any)?: Nope.
How about books (if any)?: Nope, but I did notice a books channel at some point.
How about apps (if any)?: Don't do apps on Spotify.
What is the longest song you have?: "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" by Arlo Guthrie (18:37).
Shortest?: The "Freedom Now" chant from Smithsonian's archival collection (:30).
Do you use Ping?: Only in the DOS connection sense.
Do you use the iTunes Store?: Nope.
How many songs have you purchased from the iTunes store?: I don't buy music I already own.
Which song did you purchase most recently?: The last song I added to a list (Good Stuff) was "The Driver" by Charles Kelley, Dierks Bentley and Brad Paisley.
Which song did you purchase least recently (as in, purchased longest ago)?: The earliest/first track on a list (Starred) is "Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)" by Billy Joel.
How many songs are in your "Recently Added" list?: I don't have one of these, but I added 3 songs to my Starred list this month and probably 40 to my Good Stuff list in the same time-frame.
Which song was the most recently added?: Hmm, ok, well, the most recently-added song on the Starred list is "Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton.
Have you recently added an album?: I don't really download full albums too often. Looks like the most recent went into my Good Stuff list in September when I remembered and found The Tom Tom Club and dumped most everything they did into the pile.
Have you recently purchased an album (on iTunes or in real life)?: Nope.
If so, which?: n/a
Have you recently downloaded an album?: Nope.
If so, which?: n/a
Which song has the most plays?: It's hard to find this info--I'm still looking--but the most-played artist is P!nk.
Do you have a lot of songs you haven't listened to?: In my EW reviews lists, there are about 3200, and I haven't even updated those for most of 2015.

Section 2: Genre Bolding
Bold the genres you have on your iTunes. Or, if you choose, bold the genres you like. I'm doing them both, because I have all kinds of stuff on Spotify.

Alternative
Blues
Blues-rock

Children's Music
Christian & Gospel
Classical
Comedy
Country
Dance
Easy Listening
Electronic
Electronica
Folk
Hip Hop
Holiday
House
Indie
Industrial
Instrumental
Jazz
Latino
Metal
Musical
New Age
Pop
Punk
R&B
Rap
Reggae
Rock
Screamo
Soft Rock
Soul
Soundtrack
Techno
Thrash Metal
Trance
World

Section 3: Questions About Your Favourite Artist/Band

Who is your favourite artist/band?: According to Spotify, I've listened to 83 P!nk tracks and 80 U2 tracks.
Do you have all their albums and/or singles?: Uh, no. Not even close. I do have a lot of U2 stuff, but not EVERYthing.
Name all the albums/singles you have by them: I've only got P!nk' greatest hits CD, but I've got U2 stuff back to the Sunday Bloody Sunday EP.
Which song of theirs is the most played?: Not in my top 5, so I don't know. I'm sure Spotify knows this, but they aren't telling me.
Which song of theirs is the most recently added?: Looks like P!nk's "Sober."
Least recently?: First P!nk song added was "Ave Mary A."
Which album of theirs is the most recently added?: I don't generally do albums, just the songs I like.
Name your favourite song by them: I think my favorite P!nk song has to be "Fuckin' Perfect."
Name a favourite lyric (or lyrics) by them: This has been resonating lately:
It's in the stars
It's been written in the scars on our hearts
That we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
from "Just Give Me a Reason"
Post a picture of your favourite album cover art by them: Nope.
Have you ever purchased their songs off iTunes?: Nope.
Have you ever downloaded any of their songs?: Yup.

Section 4: Shuffle
Simply put your iTunes Spotify on shuffle, then write the song you get for each. (using the Starred list)
  1. "Good Time" -- Owl City, Carly Rae Jepsen
  2. "Chant No. 1 (I Don't Need This Pressure On)"-- Spandau Ballet
  3. "Gone" -- tobyMac
  4. "Drive" -- The Cars
  5. "Cudi the Kid" -- Steve Aoki, feat. Kid Cudi & Travis Barker
  6. "Immigrant Punk" -- Gogol Bordello
  7. "Time After Time" -- Cyndi Lauper
  8. "Hey Ya!" -- OutKast
  9. "Tomorrow Never Knows" -- Alison Moyet (from the Sucker Punch movie soundtrack)
  10. "I Confess" -- The [English] Beat
  11. "California Gurls" -- Katy Perry, feat. Snoop Dogg
  12. "White Rabbit -- Patti Smith
  13. "Fly" -- Nicky Minaj, Rihanna
  14. "Whats So Bad (About Feeling Good)?" -- Ben Lee
  15. "Rockferry" -- Duffy
  16. "Taxi Cab" -- Vampire Weekend
  17. "Your Star" -- Evanescence
  18. "Lullaby" -- Leonard Cohen
  19. "King of Anything" -- Sara Bareilles
  20. "Bad Time for a Good Time" -- Tove Styrke
Section 5: Alphabet – Artists
Name an artist you have for each letter/number. This time I'm using the Good Stuff list, since it's longer, and I'm being kinda random in my choices: names I like, not necessarily the most songs.

A: American Authors
B: Band of Skulls
C: Chiddy Bang
D: Death Cab for Cutie
E: Emily's Army
F: Fatboy Slim
G: Goldfrapp
H: Har Mar Superstar
I: Interpol
J: (The) Jam
K: KONGOS
L: Los Del Rio
M: Monsters of Folk
N: NEEDTOBREATHE
O: Oomou Sangare
P: Pistol Annies
Q: Quietdrive
R: Roo Panes
S: Scissor Sisters
T: Tapes 'n Tapes
U: Ugly Kid Joe
V: (The) Velvet Underground
W: Wir Sind Heiden
X: X Japan
Y: Yeasayer
Z: Zola Jesus
#: 3OH!3

Section 6: Top 25 Most Played

List your Top 25 most played songs. Apparently, Spotify won't do this. It's supposed to show me my top 50, but it's not working for some reason. So I'm going to throw a bunch of stuff at the wall here instead.

First song I listened to last January: "King of Anything" -- Sara Bareilles

Top 5 artists
P!nk (83 streams)
U2 (80 streams)
Melissa Etheridge (78 streams)
tobyMac (77 streams)
Transglobal Underground (73 streams)
Top 5 Albums
The Anthology 1964-1971 -- The Kinks (74 streams)
Four Women: The Complete Nina -- Nina Simone (41 streams)
Nostalga -- Annie Lennox (38 streams)
Greatest Hits...So Far!!! -- P!nk (37 streams)
...And Star Power -- Foxygen (36 streams)
Top 5 Tracks
"Lips Are Movin" -- Meghan Trainor (17 streams)
"Price Tag" -- Jessie J (16 streams)
"The Letter (to Daddy)" -- Kellie Pickler (13 streams)
"Pumpin Blood" -- NONONO (13 streams)
"The Lion The Beast The Beat" -- Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (12 streams)
Top Genres
Pop
Dance Pop
Pop Rock
Mellow Gold (wth is that??)
New Wave Pop
Earworm: apparently I listened to "All Is Well" by Ollabelle 5 times in one day. I think I remember that day; it sucked.

All told, I listened to 45,000 minutes (748 hours, or 31 days) of music this year, up 28% from 2014.
There were 5,090 different tracks played, which is about 500 more than last year.
There were 2,378 different artists, which is over 400 more different names than the previous year.
My "Outlier Track" in which I "ventured into the unknown" was The Spice Girls' "Wannabe" (so yeah, NOT AN OUTLIER AT ALL!).

In the winter, my big music leaders were Transglobal Underground (41 streams), Foxygen (42 streams) and 311 (28 streams).
When spring rolled in, I moved to P!nk (38 streams), The Kinks (37 streams), and U2 (35 streams).
Summer's soundtrack consisted of a lot of tobyMac (28 streams), Maria Bamford (27 streams), and P!nk (26 streams).
And as fall arrived, I consolidated with tobyMac (10 streams), P!nk (9 streams), and Melissa Etheridge (8 streams).
Most musical season was clearly Spring. That must be because I was swamped at work, desperately trying to clear carts.

Section 7: Recently Played & Recently Added
List 10 recently played songs, then list 10 recently added songs.
Recently Played:
  1. "Stuck in the Middle With You" -- Stealers Wheel
  2. "Daylight" -- Graham Gouldman
  3. "Circle of Life" --Tsidii Le Loka, Ensemble (from The Lion King cast recording)
  4. "Sweet Love" -- Anita Baker
  5. "Miami" -- Will Smith
  6. "Memories" -- Panic! At the Disco
  7. "Lose Control" -- Lemon 8
  8. "King Kunta" -- Kendrick Lamar
  9. "Lonlon Ravel's Bolero" -- Angelique Kidjo feat. Branford Marsalis
  10. "Before He Cheats" -- Carrie Underwood
Recently Added (to my Good Stuff list, all of them last Thurs.):
  1. "The Driver" -- Charles Kelley, Dierks Bentley
  2. "Big Decisions" -- My Morning Jacket
  3. "Nobody to Blame" - Chris Stapleton
  4. "Should've Been Us" -- Tori Kelly
  5. "Flashlight" --Jessie J (from the "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack)
  6. "Hold Back the River" -- James Bay
  7. "Hollow" -- Tori Kelly
  8. "Where Are U Now" -- Jack U, Skrillex, Diplo feat. Justin Bieber
  9. "Omen" -- Disclosure, Sam Smith
  10. "Love Me Like You Do" -- Ellie Goulding
I was listening to the Grammy nominees, finally.

Section 8: Shuffle with Questions
Shuffle and list the first 10 songs you get, then answer the corresponding questions.
  1. "Party Rock Anthem" -- LMFAO, Lauren Bennett, GoonRock
  2. "Poor in Love" -- Destroyer
  3. "Desperado" -- Eagles
  4. "Take Me Home" -- Cash Cash feat. Bebe Rexha
  5. "In My Arms" -- Glen Campbell feat. Chris Isaak, Dick Dale & Brian Setzer
  6. "Just My Imagination" -- The Temptations
  7. "You Can Call Me Al" -- Paul Simon
  8. "Another Irish Drinking Song" -- Da Vinci's Notebook
  9. "Beautiful Girls" -- Sean Kingston
  10. "Drive By" -- Train
Name a memory you have associated with song #5: I just love Glen Campbell. This is a new song but I grew up watching him on variety shows. He was an early crush. His last album is wonderful, such a tribute to his career and his talent in spite of his illness.
What album is song #7 on?: This is the only song for which I can answer that question without checking; it's on his Graceland album.
Is song #8 your favourite, or one of your favourite songs?: I like it. It's on my Starred list, but I wouldn't say it's Top 10 or even Top 50.
How many times have you listened to song #1?: More than I, by rights, ought to. It's a silly, but fun, song.
Is song #4 on a movie or TV show?: I have no idea.
Do any of your friends like song #9?: I would say that it's not likely. He's a bit of a skank, but the song's fun.
Do you remember how you found out about song #6?: Dear God, NO! I grew up on that song!
Do you even like song #2?: Of course I do. It's great.
Was song #3 made recently or a long time ago? Or maybe somewhere in between?: Early 70s.
Does song #10 have a music video? Do you like it or no?: No clue. I haven't 'done' videos in about 20 years, at least.
Which of these songs do you like the best?: I love the video for "You Can Call Me Al" and #s 2, 3, and 5 are great songs.
The least?: Probably either #8 or #9.
Which of these have you listened to the most?: In my lifetime, "Just My Imagination" or "Desperado."
Which would you say is the most well-known song out of these?: Probably either #1 or #7?
Do many of these songs have music videos?: Again, I have no idea.
Are any of these songs from your favourite artist?: No, which is quite weird, actually. I do like most of these artists. Also, for the record, #8 is HYSTERICAL! Find it and listen to it.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Totally swiping this for a rainy or snowy day!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.