Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Chuck E.'s in Love (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Chuck E.'s friends look for him at the pool hall and the drugstore. If we want to find you on a Saturday afternoon, where should we look?
I'm usually ensconced on the sofa between laundry loads. Often, we're watching college football or NASCAR. It's a weird time of year so today we've got on DIY Network. I just got home from a meeting and shopping excursion. First Xmas gifts purchased!
2) The lyrics tell us his friends know something up with Chuck E because he's even combed his hair. So here's a question about your hair: do you usually use a blow dryer or let it air dry?
I'd say the majority of the time, if I'm leaving the house, I blow it out. But not always.
3) In this song, Ricki Lee sings that she spotted Chuck E. at the Pantages, a grand old Los Angeles theater. Nearly 100 years old, the Pantages was originally a movie palace and was renovated in the 1980s for concerts and theatrical productions. Tell us about a cool landmark in your town.
The town where I work has a lovely Square around which I walked today and stopped and bought some books.
4) "Chuck E." is a real person. Chuck E. Weiss is a blues musician and DJ who hung around with Ricki Lee and her boyfriend ... until he fell in love. Have you ever had a friendship fall by the wayside when one of you entered a romantic relationship?
Yup. It's long-ago recovered however.
5) Rickie Lee was once married to a French musician named Pascal Nabet-Meyer. Say something to us in French.
Nope. Don't do French, sorry.
6) When her popularity was at its height, Rickie Lee appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone twice. Who have you seen on a recent magazine cover?
Hmmm, seems to me Jennifer Lawrence has been on EW recently. I should pay attention, but I don't really.
7) Rolling Stone called Rickie Lee "the duchess of cool." Who is the coolest person you know?
Sarah, at work. Neck tats, 5-inch heels, goth to steampunk to 40s fashion, green or red or orange hair....I'm hoping I can convince her to work Tech Service with me. She bakes, she sews, she hates children, and I'm not sure she's interested in EVER getting married. Hell, I'm not even sure she's cis! She is, however, very cool. And quiet, and sensible.
8) 1979 was a good year for Rickie Lee, what with her big hit record and the Rolling Stone covers. But it was a terrible year for The Who, because eleven of their fans died during an Ohio concert. What's your favorite Who song?
It's emphatically NOT "Eminence Front" because that one was played over and over and over on the jukebox in the burger joint on campus in college. OhmyGAWDD, I still have flashbacks! I like "Pinball Wizard" and "My Generation" all right though. To be honest though, I'm not a huge fan of the group except in a general sense, and because of the use of their songs in the CSI shows.
9) Rickie Lee moved to New Orleans, a city she fell in love with after a visit. Have you ever gone to a vacation spot and wished you could just stay there forever?
Quite often. I love traveling, and often fall in love with locations. Part of the fun I have in traveling is picturing myself as a 'local' while wandering around.

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I'd love to see Sarah's closet!

Kwizgiver said...

Sarah does sound cool!!!

Cat. said...

Sarah is awesome. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.