Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Q & A Meme

1. What would you pick as a major, if you could go back to college and do it again?
I'd probably take more religion classes and fewer communication courses.
2. Who is the one celebrity with whom you would most like to have an indepth conversation?
Are the President or the First Lady celebrities? If not then I guess I'll go with Bono or Rachel Maddow.
3. If you could make a living doing ANYthing, what would that be?
Sitting in my living room, desultorily scanning the internet, reading books, and eating sugar cookies. Maybe doing some authority control work or cataloging. Nothing that involves a lot of people F2F most of the time, that's for sure!
4. What’s your all-time very favorite dessert?
Tiramisu.
5. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
I only 3 pairs of blue jeans but only one pair fits me. I have three pairs of non-blue jeans that I wear for work.
6. What is your favorite flower, and why?
Heirloom roses, the big floribunda type. With scent.
7. What book has most changed your life?
I don't remember life before the Bible or the Little House series, so I don't know if it changed my life. The books that have changed my worldview are legion though: The Book of Ruth, Atticus, Plainsong, From Here to Eternity, The Great Gatsby, Wuthering Heights, Nicholas & Alexandra. Actually, perhaps that last one is the most telling, as it really ignited my interest in Russian history 30 years ago, which I still enjoy today.
8. What is your least favorite vegetable? Is there any way you can be persuaded to eat it?
I do not like raw (or plain stewed) tomatoes alone. I will eat them in salsa because they're unrecognizable, but I really can't stand the taste, the scent, or the texture of them. {{shudder}}
9. If you could take a nonstop first class flight to any destination, where would you pick to land?
It would be whatever the longest flight from the west coast towards Australia/New Zealand would be....
10. If your 15 minutes of fame included a stint on American Idol, what song would be your trademark solo?
Hell. No. It's not happening.
11. If you could pick one former friend (who has remained elusive in this wild Facebook world) to reunite with, who would you unearth?
I'd love to know where Gloria (college) ended up, and Teri (high school).
12. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
Taos.
13. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
Sugar cookies, blogging, naps.
14. The best kind of cookie is:
Heh. Lofthouse iced sugar cookies. And my mom's oatmeal raisin cookies from when I was a child.
15. What do you value most in other people?
Tactful honesty.
16. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
Most everything in my life has had a silver lining. I'm still trying to figure out how the death of my niece's first baby (and her near-death) can be a positive though. Everything else....I wouldn't be who I am now without those things happening.
17. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
Ouray. Ydra. Moosehead.
18. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
I think I'm a good mixture of both, but I'm virtually certain that most people think I'm more of a feeler.
19. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
Football (though not the game we're slogging through now--Jets v. Dolphins at Wembley), autumn weather, diet Dr. Pepper.
20. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
....wowwwWWWW! Yes, about 40 years ago!
21. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
I think so? I know I always sing along if they aren't trying to be all cute with the tune.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.