Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Making A List Meme

1. Do you like making lists?
I LOVE making lists!
2. Do/did you play sports with your siblings?
Hah. No. When I wanted to, they were all too much bigger and more skilled than me so it was no fun. And we never lived in the same town once they all grew up and left home.
3. Would you rather go to a University or a community college?
Nowadays, I'd be most likely to take community college classes because the nearest 4-year college is 45 minutes away. To be honest, I'm most likely to take a MOOC at an even further-away institution.
4. What’s your favorite kind of bread?
Yes.
I like all bread. I'm not fussy.
5. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Canadian bacon, chicken, mushroom, spinach, sausage. Though perhaps not all at once.
6. What color or design does your shower curtain have?
The "outside" one is cloth with a beach scene with a lighthouse; the inner one is a cheap clear plastic one that I change every couple of years.
7. What kind of car does/did your mom drive?
When I was wee, she had a red Rambler. She got a Toyota Corolla in 1971 that she drove for the next 15 years till she got a little Subaru hatchback. Then she and Dad consolidated into one car, which was an unfortunate Dodge something-or-other. That car was cheaper than dirt and embarrassing to drive, even when I was old enough to not care what I was driving. Just a junk piece.
8. What’s on your cell phone’s home screen?
The table-top of a restaurant we ate at in Johnson City, TN 18 months ago.My lock screen photo is below, at the end of the questions.
9. Do you like to watch the National Geographic channel?
Not particularly. I kinda got my fill of that as a child, at home and at school. I like live animals, and scenery, but not hours and hours of it on TV with droning voiceover.
10. Are you the type of person to correct a survey maker’s grammar and/or spelling?
Yes. Well, if it's egregious, yes. If it's the whole sentence-ending-preposition type thing, not so much.
11. What color is your microwave?
White. And currently pretty clean, even.
12. Do you have a fan in your bedroom?
Yes.
13. Mountain Dew or Sprite?
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but in a pinch, I'll grab a diet Dew for the caffeine. When I've got a stomach bug, I have to have warm, flat Sprite/7-Up to settle my stomach; that means the taste of those always makes me a little queasy.
14. Does it rain a lot where you live?
This summer it did! It was basically Seattle for several weeks.
15. Do you shop at Walmart regularly?
Nope. I mean, I shop there once in awhile, maybe monthly at most.
16. Does it bother you when animals lick themselves?
Only if it becomes compulsive and hurts them. I had a dog lick a paw so much we had to take him to the vet because he'd licked the skin off the pads on that foot. Not cool, dude.
17. Have you ever been to a Trader Joe’s?
Nope. I do, actually, live in the middle of nowhere.
18. What’s the longest time you’ve ever been stuck in traffic?
...but close enough to a Very Big City to be able to say that I've sat for a couple of hours creeping along at 5 mph there. I hate HATE HATE it! Give me a train or a bus, or some other commute option and I'm there!
19. Do you wear black a lot?
Nope.
20. Are there stairs in your house?
Yes. Two flights: front and back. And steps up to the front porch, too. God forbid if we ever both need wheelchairs!
21. Have you ever held $500 in cash?
I have that much in my wallet occasionally because I still pay cash for a lot of things.
22. Do you like onions on your burger?
Not as much as I used to. They do seem to come back on me more often than they used to. Also, only if I'm not working after I eat. No point in being stinky around other people.
23. Could you ever give yourself a shot?
If it was a matter of life or death, of course. But I really am rather squeamish about needles. Less than I used to be, but still....a little.
24. Do you wear shoes in the house?
NEVER!
25. Have you ever worked as a cashier?
Not per se. I've worked retail, and used a cash register in various jobs. But I've never worked at just cashing out, exclusively.
Hello, Tournament of Roses butterfly!

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Wow--the TOR Butterfly is stunning!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.