Saturday, September 19, 2015

...our habits make us

(Reminded of this by Amy)
Type each letter of the alphabet into the address bar, one at a time. Select the top URL and copy it next to the letter. If you regularly clear your cache/history, you can skip this whole thing.

I'm doing two, since I literally NEVER clear my cache AND I use my google account at the Reference Desk, so there are some random ringers here.
A - amazon.com & http://www.apartments.com [Sparky was hunting, and so was I, for him]
B - blogger.com & bitly.com
C - cnn.com & compass.btol.com [from whom we order some of our library materials]
D - dunkindonuts.com & http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140711-in-dying-act-minister-hoped-to-inspire-social-justice.ece [ok, well, that's a weird combination....]
E - ebsco.com & [work email ] which doesn't actually start with E so...yeah.... [both are work-related]
F - facebook.com & f.riday5.com [yay social media!]
G - gmail.com & goodreads.com
H - houzz.com & hellofresh.com [neither of which do I frequent]
I - inoreader.com & imdb.com [I love Inoreader! And IMDb comes in very handy regularly for work]
J - jet.com & jcpenney.com [again, I don't actually use either of these]
K - kelley.littlethings.com [no second option] [WTF?]
L - www.loc.gov & logmein.com [both work-related]
M - http://www.meijer.com & [library ebook download site]
N - [local library consortium catalog] & nfl.com [yeah, ok, I use these A LOT!]
O - oclc.org/worldcat/newgrow.htm [no second option] [work work work]
P - panera.com & packers.com [again, I do use these a lot]
Q - [clickbait site] [no second option] [I don't mind free advertising on most of these, but not THIS site]
R - random.org & reddit.com [yes, that is random actually]
S - sweetmemes.blogspot.com & Google search: shropshire [lolol]
T - twitter.com & translate.google.com [hah]
U - http://uppercanadagenealogy.com & www.urbandictionary.com [ok THAT is really really random!]
V - [Vicki's Place] [no second option]
W - weather.com & www.wikipedia.org [yay]
X - [nada]
Y - youtube.com [no second option]
Z - zillow.com & zappos.com [more sites I almost never use]
And a bonus:
0 - [nada]
1 - [nada]
2 - Google search: 21 day fix [what??]
3 - 303 area code [Why would I look this up, I wonder, since it's the area code in which I grew up]
4 - [nada]
5 - [nada]
6 - my college roommate's childhood address [don't ask]
7 - the address of a former bar near said friend's home [don't ask]
8 - 8 tracks [and this was before today's 8-Track question!]
9 - 9/11 [sad face]

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.