Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Crazy Random Twenty Meme

Have you ever demolished a wall or building?
I've participated in demolition, yes. My dad was in construction, which often starts with destruction. Beast is a big fan of demo, too. 
If you and a friend both wanted the same thing would you let the friend get it first?
Sure. Of course it depends on what "it" was, and if there was only one "it" left on Earth. And some other vagaries of the situation as they arose.
Have you ever argued over who should pay for something?
I'm pretty sure everyone except my niece Katharine and everyone under age 20 has done this.
Do you have any family heirlooms?
We are stuffed to the gills with family heirlooms. Got rid of several yesterday--they are now Sparky's responsibility. Still have over twice as many as what he took left here.
Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
Probably not. If I believed in past lives, I'm sure I would have no fun stories of exciting and wealthy past lives. We've always been serfs.
What's your favorite ocean?
I do like the Pacific.
Do you correct peoples mistakes?
Sometimes. I'm getting better at biting my tongue. If it's seriously dangerous, though, I will speak up.
Have you ever helped out an injured animal?
Yes, I've had pets. Also, we took a maimed bunny found in our yard to the vet once. Our dog caught it and broke its back legs, poor thing.
Do you throw bread for the ducks?
Not anymore. They need to learn to fend for themselves.
Do you think babies are little bundles of joy or smelly noisy things?
They are both. Most are in the middle of this spectrum, but there are always outliers that live towards the extreme ends.
Do you give money to buskers?
Not usually. Then again, there aren't a lot of (any) buskers in my area.
Do you ever forward or reply to chain mails?
No. Hate them. Please, if I see another "If you have a sister/aunt/friend..." thing on Facebook I might vomit. And the ones that say "I'll bet none of my so-called 'Christian' friends will post this..." about God -- those I want to kill. With fire!
Do you often have a tune in your head you can't name?
No, I can usually name whatever I've got scrolling through.
Has anyone ever approached you thinking you were someone else?
All . The . Time. I love people who ask--after I've said that no, I'm not [whoever they think I am]--"are you sure?" Yeah, dammit, I'm pretty clear on my family and former workplaces!!
Have you ever starred in an amateur or professional video?
My father-in-law filmed every-damn-thing. Beast did too when we were first married. My brother-in-law took some classic Super-8 of me hula-hooping at about age 8.
Have you ever been in a position of authority?
I'm middle management. And a mom. And a teacher. So, yeah.
If you were ruler of your own country what would you call it?
"In Desperate Trouble"
And what title would you give yourself?
Now that its former owner is retired, "Bumbler-in-Chief" will do.
If you invented a monster what would you call it?
"Cat., Upon Awakening"
And what features would it have?
Really scary hair and squinty, blind eyes. Incoherence is a bonus, too.

4 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

I have witnessed many a sad bunny site thanks to dogs

Jessabelluh said...

"are you sure you aren't that person?" lol Pretty sure I know my own name, thank you.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

My daughters have several rescue bunnies, some of whom have been attacked by dogs; it's a natural prey sort of deal, sadly..
The person who asked me if I was Gail, said, "Are you sure? You look just like her!" So, I'm not alone in this. Where does it come from, I wonder?

Kwizgiver said...

Bumbler in Chief! I must borrow that!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.