Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Stealing times 4

(Link in meme-roll)
The New Year's Eve Meme

In 2014, I gained:
an embarrassing amount of weight.
I lost:
a bit of my need to control everything in the universe.
I stopped:
making excuses.
I started:
holding myself (and others) accountable.
I was hugely satisfied by:
the fact that Sparky is taking charge of his life more and more.
And frustrated by:
the idiot things Sparky does and then blames on other people.
I am so embarrassed that I:
was so freakin' insane at the beginning of last year.
Once again, I:
rode myself too hard at work.
Once again, I did not:
clean house very often.
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is:
between the weight and the blood calcium levels and two hard, painful falls, it's been a rough year for my body.
The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is:
oh my gosh, my mental health is MUCH more stable, for so many reasons. Thank you, Dawn and the AFGs!
I loved spending time:
online.
Why did I spend even two minutes:
worrying about being "behind" at work? I mean, my boss doesn't care so why should I?
I should have spent more time:
reading The Literature. And reading generally.
I regret buying:
Sparky's birthday cake online, since it disappeared into a UPS facility never to be seen again.
I will never regret buying ______ even though with that money I could have ______.
...tickets to the ToR Parade and the Rose Bowl .... paid for Sparky's extra semester of school and then some....
I _______ way too much.
... procrastinate ...
I didn’t _______ enough.
... exercise ...
________ drove me crazy.
Maniac ...
The most relaxing place I went was
those AFG meetings, close to 100 of them.
Why did I go to
Taco Bell so many times? They recognize me by voice in the drive-thru I think now.
The best thing I did for someone else was
let go.
The best thing I did for myself was
getting tough.
The best thing someone did for me was
being honest.
The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better,
the Steps. I'm not exactly rocking them.

2014/2015 Meme, part one

1.What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
Sparky getting carsick on the roads in the mountains around Johnson City.
2.If you had to describe your 2014 in 3 words, what would they be?
Hard, emotional, better.
3.What new things did you discover about yourself?
I'm too much of a pushover, and I need to worry about myself, not everything EXCEPT myself.
4.What single achievement are you most proud of?
Keeping my stupid mouth SHUT on those increasingly more common moments.
5.What was the best news you received?
My niece in England is pregnant again!!
6.What was your favourite place that you visited in 2014?
Pasadena was pretty awesome, not just for the parade. So was Redondo Beach, though we were there one night; I'd like to go back to explore there more. Vegas was its usual bizarre self. Tennessee was fun, though the hotel was...a little ...not-right.
7.Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
Stubbornness.
8.Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
Dawn.
9.Which new skills did you learn?
Patience (again, for cryin' out loud), and keeping quiet.
10.What, or who, are you most thankful for?
Beast.
11.If someone wrote a book about your life in 2014, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else?
Drama, the edge of your seat kind. At least the first half.
12.What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2014?
I can't even pick one.
13.Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
Again, there've been SO MANY I can't pick just one.
14.What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with?
Beast, Sparky, my Sunday School class (counts as one?), Amy (online only), my nephew James.
15.What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
Working hard to keep my mouth shut, keep my head down, and really internalizing that "keeping up" is a very low priority with my boss.
16.How did your relationship to your family evolve?
I think my relationship with Beast and Sparky grew by leaps and bounds, in a good direction, because I'm trying to do less controlling. With my extended family...oh, dear, I'm related to a large number of crazy people...
17.What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
Shotgun Lovesongs was a delightful book. I really loved the characters, and the love the author clearly felt for all of them.
18.What was your favourite compliment that you received this year?
I can't think of a compliment, but I am gratified that so many of my AFG people are becoming friends.
19.What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
Music. Music is my savior.
20.What cool things did you create this year?
Myself.
21.What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
Intentional.
22.Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
I can't think of anything interesting.
23.What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
I can't think of anything for this one either. Just being with them and enjoying their company, I guess.
24.What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
My future. I'm trying to become a person I'd want to hang out with. I'm not sure that's been true for awhile.
25.Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
ALL OF THEM!

2014/2015 Meme, part two

26.What experience would you love to do all over again?
I'd like to redo BandFest, with no rain please.
27.What was the best gift you received?
Trip to California, first class all the way!
28.How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
I'm a lot less prone to constant panic.
29.What was the biggest problem you solved?
See previous answer. And plowing through loads more cataloging at work than every before.
30.What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
I'm sure it was at work. One thing about my job is that there are some hilarious people there.
31.What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
Would you believe me if I said a showercap?
32.What one thing would you do differently and why?
I'd eat a LOT less!
33.What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
Not killing anyone, or myself.
34.What activities made you lose track of time?
Work. Sims4. Facebook.
35.What did you think about more than anything else?
Work, sadly. Then definitely Beast.
36.What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
Uhm. Let's go with "people."
37.What new habits did you cultivate?
Attentiveness.
38.What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
Stick with it.
39.Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year?
No, but close.
40.What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
Vic or Dawn.
41.What do you want the overarching theme for your 2015 to be?
"Think."
42.What do you want to see, discover, explore?
I'd love to get to Spain to visit my niece and her husband, I would like to go explore the Cahokia Mounds area, and I'd like to re-discover my self.
43.Who do you want to spend more time with in 2015?
Beast. The one I married.
44.What skills do you want to learn, improve or master?
I need to keep doing Step work, and I have to figure out an exercise regime that works for me.
45.Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Better listening.
46.What do you want your everyday life to be like?
Calm, but interesting.
47.Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of?
I need to stop eating when bored, and I need to work on burning calories, and I have to start reading more.
48.What do you want to achieve career-wise?
I have no aspirations here.
49.How do you want to remember the year 2015 when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?
I hope Sparky freakin' graduates!!
50.What is your number one goal for 2015?
Survive.

Name Your Favorite…

Place
Ouray
Person
Sparky
Color
Blue
Food
Carbs
Smell
Pine
Book
....I can't pick just one!
Movie
meh
Music artist
I'm enjoying Janelle MonĂ¡e and Colbie Caillat lately.
Thing to do when bored
Sims4
Genre of literature
Mysteries
Magazine
Entertainment Weekly
Texture
Sanded wood
Time of day
9 a.m.
Day of the week
Tuesday
Thing to learn about
Church history
Thing about yourself
Sense of humor
Lifehack (a time saving, efficiency technique for life)
When in doubt, and definitely whenever tired, take a nap.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I believe in your lifehack fully! It's my plan for the day!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.