Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Happy Holidays!

1. ...[S]ome children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I only remember seeing Santa once at the mall, but I am pretty sure I wrote a note to him every year until I was 9 or 10.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Oh probably a little of both.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I sent books and Xmas ornaments to all the great-nephews. The furthest went to England to the oldest, oddly enough the child of my youngest niece.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Sort of. Beast and I are going to California next weekend for a few days.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
I don't really do these. We did have a discussion the other night about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie. I vote for yes.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
In 1994, we went to see Little Women at the theater across the street from where my mom was living at the time. It gave us a short break from being parents of an almost-2-year-old while my mom watched him for us.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Nothing untoward, no.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
I like tea. I should probably have some with honey tonight in my continuing efforts to fight off whatever is trying to make me sick.
9. What will you remember most about 2014?
It was a better year than the previous couple of years, but definitely not easy. I'm hopeful 2015 will continue to be better but will also get easier.

3 sweet-talkers :

CountryDew said...

I'm glad 2014 was an improvement. Best wishes to you for a wonderful 2015.

The Gal Herself said...

I am soooooo with you on Die Hard. At heart, it's about the world's worst company Christmas party, and should be revered as such. Brava!

Cat. said...

Gal, I'm kind of wondering if I wouldn't rather attend the Die Hard party instead of the proposed Ugly Sweater post-Christmas party at my workplace.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.