Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Shop On The Corner Meme

What kind of job did your mom have when you were growing up?
I can't tell you how proud I am to see this question. To me it indicates that most people younger than me had moms that worked outside the home.
Ahem. My mom worked as a clerk in the county court from when I turned 3 or 4 until she retired while I was in college. She worked at the District Court office before I was born. So proud of her for working fulltime before women were "supposed" to.
Have you ever known anyone that’s been on TV, including you?
Well, technically I've been on TV, along with everyone in my high school band. And I think I went to school with someone who used to be on the Weather Channel sometimes, and with a local pol in another state. Otherwise, not that I know of. Oh, and a coworker has been on local morning TV in a mascot suit for a winter festival we have.
What was the most interesting animal you have seen in the wild?
What constitutes "in the wild"? We went to a safari park in Canada 15 years ago and saw lions and tigers and giraffes and monkeys who were free-ish to wander. We also watched their small herd of elephants walk to the pond for their daily bath which was exquisitely awesome to see. I have also seen moose completely wild and (I think) brown bears. And buffalo. And lots of rodents and small animals.
What holiday do you enjoy the most?
Thanksgiving.
What was the first video game you ever played?
Pong. In the 70s. Hey dudes: I am old.
What is the one thing you own, that if it got lost, you would be bummed?
I'd be heartbroken if I lost any of my family's Bibles.
Do you have a favorite breakfast item?
It involves bagels. With or without cheese, sausage, whatever. Every morning or at least 6 days a week.
What do you find yourself buying all the time?
Food. I swear, I need to cut that out.
When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail?
A full-on letter? That's been awhile, probably in the years category. I did get several cards for assorted reasons--not just my birthday--this month.
Do you have a most prized piece of jewelry?
My mom's turquoise ring.
Do you own any board games?
Oh FFS.... Yes. Probably close to 3 dozen.
What chore seems the most daunting right now?
Sorting out the crap shoved in the storage area under the back stairs. And also the Christmas ornaments we never use.
Were you born in the state you live in?
Nope. But three members of my extended family were.
Have you ever lived in a house that has been broken into?
We had a summer cabin that was broken into. Otherwise, no. Thank God and knock wood.
What is your favorite cheese?
"Wensleydale!" I like hard cheese of almost any sort.
Who do you know that watches the most sports?
Well, that would be Beast. Or maybe one of our churchy guy friends.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I had to google Wensleydale. I love cheese. Cheese glorious cheese.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.